Chapter 17

*Jay Pov*

"What?" she asked, frowning, but I just took another bite of food still staring at her.

"Well?" she stressed, but I kept my calm.

I opened my mouth, but another voice beats me making both of us turn towards it with a shock. While Lakshmi repeated saying, 'Hash'.

"Is she calling him?" I asked Jhanvi and she nodded smiling at Lakshmi.

"She liked him immediately." She replied and turned towards me only to lose her smile making me realize I am having some brooding look on my face.

"Sorry!" I mumbled and finished my lunch before standing up.

"I am getting fed up with that word." She mumbled back.

"Then why did you kiss me?" I asked her and immediately felt confused with the way I asked it.

"What is the connection with that? Anyway, I didn't kiss you because you say sorry." She replied shrugging.

"I should forget about it, right?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I... I don't know why I did it. Maybe I was angry because you did it wrongly or maybe because I thought wrongly about you." She replied shrugging.

"You didn't think wrongly about me. As far as you know me, it was an apt explanation that entered your head." I said, shrugging back and walked inside the kitchen to wash my hands.

"Are you going to the office?" she asked when I passed her.

"No! I took leave today. Actually, I took leaves ahead on all the days you had the sessions." I explained and she nodded standing up.

"Can you look after Lakshmi? I let the maid go as she stayed in the house yesterday night and I want to take some rest." She said and I nodded moving towards her to take Lakshmi.

"Are you feeling fine?" I asked when she looked little pale.

"Yeah! Didn't get enough sleep." She replied and I frowned, but she walked away.

"Well, it is our day." I said, smiling at Lakshmi and lifted her up.

"When will you start talking?" I asked her and felt a presence beside me.

"The people in orphanage said that she always stayed calm without uttering a word even after she was able to talk. She chooses specifically and talks." Jhanvi explained.

"I know! I was there when the head madam was explaining." I pointed out and she scratched her forehead.

"Sorry! I was explaining it to Ali and Harsha. So, kind of got used to it." She mumbled and I stilled before moving away to walk out of the dining room.

"I am going to my room." She said, passing me and I nodded at her before walking near to the couch.

"Well, you became busy these days and we didn't have our cartoon time these days. I will not leave you today." I said warningly to Lakshmi and switched on the television.

"Even I am bored." I mumbled after an hour when she yawned.

"Fine! You are going to take a rest too." I said, getting her down from the couch and we both walked to her room.

"Now, what?" I asked when she stared at me.

"Stoy!" she replied, gesturing the book.

"It is only for nighttime, Lakshmi." I said, smiling but she frowned.

"Fine!" I mumbled and she immediately smiled.

"You are just like your mom, aren't you? Will just show the sad expression and gets me to do everything." I said, shaking my head and sat on the chair beside her to read her the story.