Chapter 27

*Jay Pov*

I felt her stirring in my arms and thought she would try to untangle herself from me like every time. However, she snuggled more holding me back tightly.

"Good morning!" I whispered, pressing my lips to her cheek and saw her grinning with eyes still closed.

"Good morning!" she mumbled and slowly sat up to make a bun of her hair while I stared at her lazily.

"I took my first leave yesterday." She said sighing.

"And?" I asked, trailing my finger on her back.

"I don't want to go today, but I have to." She replied, turning her head to glance at me.

"Just two more days and it's the weekend." I said, assuring her with grin to which she glared at me.

"Fine! I will go and get ready." She said and was about to move away, but I held her hand and pulled her onto me with a force.

"Today I will drop you both and will pick you up. We will go somewhere." I said, smiling, but she shook her head.

"We will come here soon and no need to go out." She said and I nodded liking her idea more.

"I will get her inside." Saying that Jhanvi moved to get down but I got myself down too.

"I will not run away with your daughter." She said pointedly and I shook my head but smiled hearing her words.

"Of course! Otherwise, I will follow you." I said, shrugging and we three walked to the gate where other kids are coming but I stilled looking at Kalpana and Sudhir.

"He is studying the same school. I forgot to mention about it." Jhanvi said following my gaze.

"Okay!" I said and saw Kalpana walking towards us holding Sudhir's hand while he is reluctant.

"Sudhir!" Lakshmi said, smiling at him and he smiled back at her.

"Jhanvi! I am very happy that everything got settled." Kalpana said, hugging her and then held my hand.

I nodded, but glanced at Sudhir to see him looking elsewhere. I knelt on the ground before him and held his hands.

"I am sorry, Sudhir!" I said and he glanced at me before nodding slowly.

"We will go!" saying that he held Lakshmi's hand and walked away while I stood up.

"Give him some time." Kalpana said with a awkward smile and I nodded before glancing at Jhanvi to see her giving me an encouraging smile.

Later I reached my office after dropping off Jhanvi and saw my manager's worried expression. I gestured him to follow me and sat in my chair.

"What is it?" I asked him frowning.

"Sir! Yesterday evening I have sent my assistant like you asked to in the call. He met the architecture and informed to sell the property to someone else. But she lashed at him, Sir." He replied.

"Why? Didn't he tell her any loss they may receive will be paid by me?" I asked him not understanding.

"He did, Sir! But she was more angry that you are not going to take the place it seems." He replied.

"What nonsense? Connect the call to her." I said and he nodded before doing it while I frowned thinking what could be her problem.

"Hello! I am Jay and I want to talk to you about the house..." before I could finish she started talking cutting me off.