Chapter 20

*Jhanvi Pov*

"I will be a little late today." He mumbled finishing his breakfast while I stared at him.

"Okay!" I said, thinking he will glance up, but he didn't.

"Bye!" he whispered to Lakshmi hugging her and walked off while I sat at the table staring at her smiling face.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked and she looked around as if thinking before saying, 'Ball'.

"Ball? That you play with your Dad because he is good at it." I said smiling.

I played all that with Harsha wishing everytime his father was there to do it instead of me. Now, I will not do the same and let Jay play with her.

"Doll?" she asked now and I smiled nodding.

"She wants to play ball with you. Will you be here early tomorrow?" I asked him while having dinner starting the conversation.

He is so calm from yesterday morning and it must be because of him, letting out his emotions that night. I don't want to bring it up and make him feel more awkward.

"Okay!" he said again, not glancing at me.

Well, he can get lost in his thoughts when I have too much to think myself. That day with his words, I didn't have time to think the incidents before that.

Everything happened as I wished, but I felt like there was something missing which I couldn't point out. I don't know why I feel like that, but there is something else! I thought, remembering the incident.

"Mom!" Harsha said, moving near to me the moment they both walked inside the house.

"How are you, Harsha?" I asked, but he just hugged me tightly.

"Where is Lakshmi?" he asked and I gestured him the room where she is.

"But I need to talk to you first." I said and he nodded before sitting on the couch beside me.

I glanced at the door, hoping Jay comes but seems like he can't. Maybe he has some important work at the office.

I glanced at Ali, who is still standing away from us and looking at us. Then I turned to stare at Harsha, who is already looking at me.

"Harsha! You are very important for me and you will always be. You know that I love you, right?" I asked, placing my hand on his head.

"I know, Mom!" he replied smiling.

"I would wish nothing more than to stay with you always. But you have something with you now which you always wished for. You like being a prince, right?" I asked and he nodded.

"I can't take that away from you and I also can't come with you. Now, I have someone else to take care of. I don't know how to explain everything but I can't come with you." I said and waited for his pleads or anger for my words.

"Okay, Mom!" he mumbled surprising me.

"You are fine with it?" I asked and he slowly nodded.

"Can I... can I come here during holidays? Can I meet Lakshmi and you in between?" he asked and I hugged him to me before glancing at Ali.

"He can!" he replied and I nodded sighing in relief.

"You are not angry at me, right?" I asked Harsha releasing him.

"No, Mom! I understand." He replied, smiling and I frowned at his words, but immediately smiled back hoping I am not doing a mistake.