The Decision

As we stood waiting for Satan and The Guardian to arrive I watched the cycle of nature take a turn. I felt the cold breeze tickle up my spine until it surrounded my neck. It was choking me, I could not speak, I could barely breath, yet I've never felt more alive. All the heat was draining from my body, I felt bare as though I were a tree losing my last leaf. My vision began to go into a blur, I could see nothing. The mist began to roll in, surrounding my ankles restricting my movement, and the flow of blood. I could feel the damp grass seep through my shoes until it reached my feet and tingled my toes. The wind was getting strong, it battered off my body repeatedly as if it were nothing more than a rag doll. I felt as if I was getting hit repeatedly with a baseball bat. My hair flew from my shoulders, allowing the wind to steal my scent. I could hear the sudden movement of everyone around me, if they had ever tasted my scent before, it would be nothing compared to what it tasted like now. With every footstep made, I heard a branch crumble into shavings and the life being sucked from every flower stood on. The rustling of the leaves began to get louder, unleashing a violent sound. It was like the scream of someone being murdered, it pierced through my ear's like that of a siren's song. Maybe this is how Matthew feels every time he is around me; the sound was beautiful. But, it tore away at me filling me with pain and misery. It was like a glimmer of what my scent did to him.

I could smell the waves of pollen wash over me, it furiously irritated my nose, the way poison ivy irritates your skin. The taste of life and death was in the air. Little droplets of rain splashed across my skin, I felt like a baby trying to swim for the first time. It was exciting, yet frightening. I feel disorientated and out of my depth. The rain got heavier and heavier until it was pouring down, it made me feel like I was drowning and would never make it to shore. I feel like this is the final battle and I am the only one left standing, fighting. My hair was drenched, and my skin was soaked, it was trying to steal my last breath.

I had begun to love the rain, and I never thought I would say this but I would kill for some sunshine right about now. Suddenly, I felt a warm glow surround my face, I opened my eyes and found the light. Matthew was my sun, I wasn't fighting alone, we were fighting together. His warm touch reminded me of that, even with all of this rain Matthew still looked like a god. There wasn't a single hair out of place, his eyes had never been greener, his skin was still silky smooth and if anything, the rain water highlighted his perfect features and pointed out his angles. He lit up the rain, as though he were the light in the shadows. The glimmer of hope, I was desperately holding on to. His clothes stuck to him revealing his perfectly toned body, his gorgeous biceps, and every perfect curve. He looks like he should be in a swimmer advert or something. He had the body every guy would die for and every girl would long to touch. I traced the planes of his irresistible face, something I did often. His face hid his emotions well, but for me, his eyes gave him away.

He pulled me closer gripping my lips to his, it felt like our proper final good bye kiss. I felt the power of his emotions seep through me one last time, before we parted.

I looked up at the sky I have never questioned the rain before, but it was a lot heavier than I had ever seen it. I turned to Matthew, "what is up with this rain?" I asked full of curiosity.

"Hayley is what is up with the rain," he said irritated.

I forgot that she controlled the weather with her emotions, I knew she was upset with our current circumstances, we all were. I just didn't realise how badly it was affecting her. I lightly wrapped my arms around her, it was all I could think of to do to try and comfort her. The rain began to lighten, but still it continued to fall. I turned as I heard a crack of thunder and a flash of lightning zig zag across the sky.

There in front of us stood once again The Guardian and Satan standing ready to give us their decision.

The rain had now ended, cracks of thunder consumed my ears and the flashes of lightning almost blinded me. Hayley was no longer upset, she was full of anger. I, well I'm just very emotional. I took a deep breath as I watched The Guardian begin to move his lips. This was the moment we had all been waiting for, the very words that would lead us to our fate. I still have a little hope left in me that everything will turn out in our favour.