New Found Friendships

All the May and June exams passed in a blur, I studied but I could have studied more if Matthew hadn't distracted me so. In saying that thanks to his tutoring I had learned a vast amount of information in a short amount of time. The reason for that being that I listened intently to every word that came out of his mouth. I never forget a single word that that boy says to me. I wouldn't know my results until August and this was only the middle of June.

Over the past few months Matthew's family and I have gotten even closer, well except for Jessica all I get from her are evil glares, but I'm not afraid of her anymore and that's progress. Alistair didn't seem to be in as much pain as before, since he had spoken to Eliza. But, he only spoke to me when needed, other than that he kept his distance. I would like to get to know him better, but he had to do what he had to do maybe one day. It was progress at least I could take comfort in that, now that I know he meant a lot to someone in my family I somehow feel responsible for him. Eliza isn't here for him, so I feel that I must be. But, I don't want to push things with him which means I all I can so, is be around and hope that that was enough for now.

Rose and Charles are lovely, they seem to be very controlled around me. Although I have caught them leave the room a few times due to my siren's song as Matthew has called it upon a time. It seemed to be unbearable for them at times, and for the others too. They don't need to breath or even blink as a devil, but they seemed so used to it to blend in that they do it naturally now. They don't breathe when necessary, but even that isn't enough to drown out my siren song. I wish I was a devil too so that it wouldn't be a problem, but Matthew is still hell bent in keeping me human for the time being. Leon is like a brother to me, someone fun to be with and easy to talk to. Hayley was practically my best friend now, we get on so well and have so much in common. I have always wanted a big sister and I couldn't have wished for anyone better than her.

It was a normal, cold, dreary Saturday morning in Betws-y-coed, the clouds hovered overhead concealing the sunlight that rarely got through. A light breeze blew through my window causing a small shiver to crawl up my spine, and my hair to flutter. Matthew was coming to pick me up today to take me up to his house, or should I say castle. I was already dressed in my dark washed jeans, plain white top, and green cardigan already to go. My hair was washed, dried and brushed back into a perfect ponytail. My make-up was basic, but nice. I always want to look nice and presentable when I go to his place, I don't want his family to find any fault in me no matter how small or trivial it may be. Maybe my clumsiness is a flaw, but it is one out of my control. Besides Matthew is always there to support me if anything went wrong in that department, he's my saviour. I have had a lot less cuts and bruises since I met him, that's a plus in my book.

I haven't even moved in for a kiss with him since the last time where things got a bit out of control. It has been months, but I don't think either of us is ready to open that can of worms yet. The wounds are still raw, the way when you have a flesh wound and you cover it with a bandage in the process of waiting for it to heal I feel that is where Matthew and I are. We were close in other ways, but there is a new intensity that comes with all the physical stuff, even a hug, hand holding. It's to be expected, but it doesn't make me dislike it any less.

I'm hoping to get some help from his family, I don't like going behind Matthew's back like this but what other choice do I have? I must do something about this, Leon and Hayley are probably the best people to ask, since they are the ones I get on with best and ones who are the least likely to judge.

I heard a beep come from outside, that was him here to pick me up. I slid across the floor to the window to find him sitting on the edge of his car waiting for me. The smell of freshly cut grass tickled my nose, and in addition to that I could smell my all-time favourite flower, Freesia. It was a sweet sensation to my nose, it reminded me of being in a field of flowers when I was younger. I would run through the fields for hours picking the best most beautiful flowers with the sweetest smells. I would be very careful not to tear the roots as I wanted them to last and not die straight away. Gwen would put them in some water, in a vase of my choice, and place them on the kitchen window sill for all to see. I used to be so proud of myself for picking those flowers, it was a real achievement for me back then.