Alistair's Story

I watched carefully as Matthew stood staring down at Alistair full of dread, his body was stiff and on edge with such an intensity it set the mood for what was about to come crashing down on Alistair. This was going to be a difficult thing for him to ask Alistair to do, I know that but I'm still making him do it. I wouldn't if I could help it, but I made a promise and I keep my promises. Matthew's eyes tightened and his rosey, pumped lips pursed in a pout.

God that boy can pout, I can't wait to be alone with him later for my hands to be consumed in fistfuls of his hair and his arms to be constricting around the small of my back, the taste of his essence in me once more. I was knocked out of my daydream by Matthew smirking at me, he seemed amused strangely enough. I was surprised as he used a solitary finger to wipe the bottom, left corner of my lip.

The heat raised from the bottom of my chin to the tip of my forehead, I was blood red by now. I am so embarrassed I promised myself after that day in the cafeteria that I would never let Matthew catch me drooling over him, and now here I am caught in the act I swore not to get caught in. Way to go Marissa, way to go. He paused to kiss me on the forehead, allowing me to calm myself. Something tells me he enjoyed my little act, although there is no doubt in my mind that this moment will come back to bite me on the ass. Here we were in an extremely serious situation, and I managed to turn it into a sex scene almost. What was wrong with me? I blame it on my hormones they are all over the place right now, and it has been an emotional rollercoaster today.

It's the moment of truth, Matthew turned back around to face Alistair, I took a deep breath and prayed this would all go off without a hitch. The last time I prayed was when I was praying for Daniel's life. I never thought I would pray again, but I know now that there is someone out there on the other end listening. If I ever get be in The Guardian's presence I will ask him why he took him from me, what did either of us do to deserve him to lose his life.

"Alistair, we need to talk to you."

Alistair just stared at Matthew as if he were merely staring into space like he hadn't heard a word that had come out of his mouth. I can't even count how many times I have heard Alistair speak on one hand, in fact I haven't heard him speak at all. I guess that thought had never crossed my mind before, I had been all too consumed by the way my presence caused him such a severe amount of pain. I just never took the time to realise that I had never heard a single word leave his lips. Well, I almost had, the first time that I had met Alistair was when I had come here to meet Matthew's family. He had opened his mouth to say something, but no sound had escaped. I found it odd, but ignored it. It is weird how it can take so much time to understand something so small and trivial, yet can have a significance later in life. It will teach me to pay more attention in the future.

"It's about Eliza," he continued.

His facial expression went from agonising over the most terrible pain in the history of pain to absolute fury and resentment in a few short seconds.

"Pray pardon me? How dare you speak her name and in the presence of a stranger no less," he fumed.

He had an entirely dissimilar voice than I had been expecting, it was very low yet it had a sweetness about it and it held an age that had since long gone from this Earth.

"She is not a stranger Alistair, Eliza is her family. You already know this, that's why seeing her causes you earth shattering pain," he reminded him.

Alistair was on his feet now in a storming rage with such fury and aggravation, "she is a stranger to me, I don't know her from Adam."

If he wanted to get to know me opening his mouth would have helped. A stranger? I have been with Matthew for months, I have lost count of how many times I have been in this castle in that time. He has seen me come and go, giving him so many chances to strike up a conversation. If he is looking for someone to blame for seeing me as a stranger, then he should look in a mirror.