Camping

I awoke to the noise of someone beeping, I rubbed my eyes and almost wept with pain. I had forgotten what happened to my face yesterday for a moment. But, a moment was all it took for me to thrust excruciating pain upon myself. I am my own worst enemy, I got up and walked over to my mirror. I almost jumped at in shock I was a complete and utter mess, my jaw was purple and swollen. It would take time to heal I will just have to take painkillers in the meantime. I grabbed my black bag and threw in some pain killers that had been in my bedside table. I always keep them handy, I used to get headaches a lot when I was younger so I always like to be prepared.

I took a quick stretch and looked at my clock. Oh, my god! It was 12 and I had slept in, shoot. I jumped out of my bed and ran over to the window, I saw my friends they were all waiting for me. I squeezed open the window and shouted down. "Sorry guys I slept in give me 10 minutes, ok."

Without waiting for an answer, I closed the window again making sure it was firmly shut before grabbing my bag and throwing open my wardrobe doors. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt, a jacket, and my hiking boots and raced to the bathroom. I almost tore off my pjs as I went at a super-fast speed, but still being careful enough not to touch my face. Once I was ready I rushed into the kitchen, grabbed the sausages and bacon, and threw them in my bag with a few bottles of water and some snacks. I waved good bye to Gwen, Summer, and Ryan as I flew past them and out the front door closing it with a thud behind me.

"More like 15 minutes," Zac chuckled.

"I went as fast as I could Zac," I huffed.

"I suppose 15 minutes is fast, for a girl," he smirked.

"So, Marissa are you excited for your first camping trip?"

To be honest I wasn't thinking about the camping trip, all my thoughts were based around Matthew. But I suppose what else was new, usually they were happy thoughts but these were happy mixed with turmoil.

"Yeah Paige," I smiled. Ouch, it still hurt to smile I guess I would have to do my best to keep a straight face.

A little white lie wouldn't do anyone any harm; it must have been enough because she flashed a big cheesy grin at me. I got the impression that she was a camping nut. Zac took the wheel so I guessed that this was his car, a black Corsa, not bad I suppose. It was just nowhere near as nice as my Matthew's porche. Wait did I just say 'my' Matthew, I mean I may know his secret now but he was just the same guy. Wasn't he?

I glimpsed Zac eyeing me up and down in the mirror, as soon as he noticed he had my attention he began to speak.

"I'm sorry about yesterday I've never hit a girl before and I never planned to, he just moved out of the way too fast and I couldn't stop I..........."

I interrupted him. "Zac stop please, it was an accident ok I accept your apology."

I accept it because it was my fault just as much as his, if I hadn't led him on maybe he wouldn't have acted the way he did. I have no way of knowing that but I could hope, right? If I am being honest with myself I don't think it would have made much difference, Zac is very pushy and I don't think he would stop just because there is another guy in the picture.

He seemed to change the subject very quickly.

"So, Marissa, what do you think of my car?" he smirked.

I think Zac was trying to impress me which just wasn't going to happen.

"It's nice."

"Just nice, well what kind of cars do you like?"