First confrontation between lovers and the decision of the third wheel

My lovely readers,
I apologize for the late update, I was so incredible busy with my father and travelling to UK to resume my life there. I will update again next week for sure, and I try my best to update as often as I can. It was also so, that I had a small writer's block and did not want to rush anything. I hope that this is okay for you guys and that you can still enjoy my story as you did before: so here is the next chapter. The video shows the dance of Jasmeet. Read the whole chapter as everything is very essential to the course of this story.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A real man never gives up on the woman he loves with all his heart, no matter how much it hurts. - Unknown

Fight for the fairytale, it exists. - Unknown

Enzo's POV:

I stared at her expectedly, waiting for her to reply to my question. The longer she took to answer me, the more my theory confirmed itself and I felt myself turning away from her as I could not bear being next to her. It was clear to me that there was something going on between the two of them, as both acted strangely comfortable in each other's company. These longing stares and the way they behaved around each other made me realize that Jasmeet must feel something for him or at least care for him deeply as this type of affectionate behaviour could not come out of thin air. Something must have happened between these two.

Shawn was in love with her for sure and I could not help but feel a tinge of fear that I would loose the girl who stole slowly my heart before our relationship had really begun. The girl in front of me stared at me in disbelief, apparently to find out if I was being serious about my question. It was as if she was tongue-tied, not being able to respond to my simple question, and by the apparent shock written on her face, as if I was being crazy to even formulate this question. Why did she agree to be my girlfriend if she felt something for Shawn too?

This seemed so strange in my eyes, she should just have said no to my question. What did move her to say yes? I seriously doubted that she felt something for me at all; the way they danced together proved my theory right. These thoughts pained me, causing my chest to contract, and I was ready to turn around when I heard her speak, making me halt in my movements: "Enzo, do not go! Please let me speak!"

Without facing her, I just muttered: "Okay, Jasmeet, then speak! I do not have so much time!" My harsh tone made her gasp and I almost regretted my bitterness laced within my voice. The next words from her surprised me totally and caught me off guard, as so much sincerity was woven into her voice and words: "Enzo, I am with you, not just because you are kind to me and caring, I am in love with you! The first moment I fell into your arms, I felt a spark and I do not want to loose you! You are my first love and I feel so much for you!"

Turning around, I saw her with tears in her eyes, and I immediately felt remorse for being so mean, as I never wanted for her to be sad or hurt because of me. My hand moved to her cheeks and I caressed it softly, making her lean into my touch, speaking softly attempting to convey that I was feeling regret acting in this way: "I am sorry, Jassy. I did not want to hurt you. I am in love with you too, this is the reason why I am so scared to loose you!" A smile formed itself on her face and I could not help but also grin as well.

Stepping forward, I circled my arms around her waist and she reciprocated my hug immediately, burying her face into the crook of my neck, whispering softly: "Please never feel jealous of Shawn. You are the one I want! Not Shawn. I am falling for you, more every moment!" Nodding, I just enjoyed having her in my arms, whispering soft and loving words into her ears. Walking with our hands intertwined back to the reception hall, Jasmeet pulled me to the dance floor, inviting me to dance with her. Happily, I swirled her around and we laughed with each other, content that this issue was resolved.