The unexpected knight in casual attire

Hey my lovelies, here is the latest chapter of my story unexpected love. I hope you guys enjoy it and love it :)
The pictures show Enzo, jasmeets outfit and what Nathalie is wearing :) In case you do, do not forget to vote, comment and share the story. I really encourage all my readers to comment on how you like the story so far. feedback is so important for writers like me. It gives us motivation and makes us strive for better result. And silent readers make us feel sad and can demotivate us. So I would request all of you to comment and vote :)

----------

Men, we do not need you to be a knight in shining armor. We just need you to be a little bit brave, just a little bit. And some of them are, and that's what he does. - Virginia Madsen

Jasmeet POV:

I groaned as the alarm clock woke up me from the nice dream I had. A prince came on a white horse and his beauty was breath taking. Now that sounded very clichee I thought to myself.
I seriously did not want to go to school; but I knew I had to attend school and that I had to hurry up in order not to be late for my first class. I could hear my mother working in the kitchen and I was sure that she would come up if I did not hurry up. Lazily I stood up, went to the adjoining bathroom which I shared with Samarpreet and started cleaning my teeth and getting ready for school.

"Jassy, today you have to wear something nice! Stop hiding your beauty for once!" startled me the voice of my sister. I turned around and saw her standing in the doorframe with a serious glance on her face. I moved my head in disagreement but then I saw over my shoulders an outfit laying on my bed, which I liked immediately. It was a black tight jeans with a white top with the saying "Paris 1968". It was very simple yet had something classy. "Okay, Samara I will wear this. But only today...I do not want to attract too much attention!" I answered her. Her face lit up in joy, she hugged me and squealed excitedly: "Thank you Jassy. I am so happy!"

I laughed at her reaction and pushed her out of my room in order to get dressed. To give the outfit a nerdy touch I put on my glasses and tied my hair into a braided pigtails. Afterwards I tied my black and white converse and went out of my room. When I entered the kitchen, I saw my mother already making breakfast and my father reading the newspaper. I greeted them and plopped down on the chair. However, one look at the clock told me that I had to hurry up; Aryan would be waiting for me already. I just grabbed an apple and took my purse. "Bye, see you later!" I shouted. This earned me a scolding from my mother who sprinted into the entry room: "Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, you know I do not like it when you scream. You could wake up your brother and as you are well aware it is also bad manners!"

I replied her curtly: "Okay, Mom. See you later!" With this, I was out of the door, got into my Toyota and pulled out of the driveway. I rushed to Aryans house, where my best friend was already waiting with a bored look on his face. As soon as he noticed me, he stated in a fake serious tone: "Jassy, you know it is not good to be late!" I chuckled and retorted: "I am sorry. I just overslept a bit and then Samara wanted me to wear this outfit!" Only at me mentioning that I wore something different, he looked up and down. "Jassy, wow. It looks good, but still yet nerdy and not too catchy!" I agreed with a nod. After a 30 minutes drive, we finally arrived at our school. I tried to suppress the groan but Aryan noticed immediately that I tensed up.

A soft hand on my shoulder let me relax, I smiled at him and he returned it. We were really best friends, we noticed so fast when one of us was not fine or stressed out. I expected that Shawn and his friends would be lurking around the parking lot, but there was no one in sight. We inhaled in relief and made our way to the entrance. When we crossed the street, a Mercedes pulled up and stopped right front of us. I knew who owned this car; it was Nathalie the assumed girlfriend of Shawn. I hoped that she would not tackle me but the luck was not on my side. She opened the door and gracefully left the car. "Oh, look who we have here? If it is not Miss ugly and her dorky friend!" she sneered.

Her friends laughed and soon a small circle assembled around us. My fellow students loved spectacles and enjoyed it when something interesting happened. I normally would stand up for my best friend but somehow my tongue could not produce any kind of sound. Aryan looked at me flabbergasted; he knew that I would stand up for him like I always did.
"Oh, looks like Nerdy cannot talk anymore!" Nathalie laughed. Everyone began to snicker, and pointed with their fingers at me.

Suddenly a loud voice shouted: "Stop laughing. The show is over!" The owner of the voice surprised the whole school. I saw Enzo coming up; he was Shawn's best friend and not known for being a shining knight in armour. He was a handsome guy with dark brown hair. His eyes were so brown and one could get lost in them. He was really handsome and adored by the whole school.
The authority in his voice made everyone disappear; they took off very fast. He stopped beside me and looked at me: "Are you okay?" I only nodded, not being able to produce a sound. Nathalie went into the school building but not before giving me a pointed look as well, which left Enzo, Aryan and me alone.

Aryan told Enzo in a sincere tone since he was able to formulate a sentence: "Thank you; for standing up for us!" He replied: "No problem; I really do not like how our classmates just stand and do nothing. I just had to come up and defend you!"
Just then, I found my voice: "Enzo, really thank you so much. I do not know why I was not able to answer something. It was just like my tongue was tied!"
He looked at me and he replied: "No problem. I know my best friend makes your life living hell. However, I do not have any interest in doing this. I think that it is enough that he does this. You are a nice girl. It is no crime in being a good student!"

After having said these words, he left us; maybe because he thought that he would attract more attention talking to us. I stared long at his retreating figure and was in kind of a daze. Aryan and I exchanged confused glances and tried to process what just had happened. Did Enzo Morales  just stick up for Aryan and me?

-----------------

So that was the chapter, what do you about Enzo's behavior? do you like him? do you think he is not as shallow as Shawn or do you think he is just pretending to be so nice? please do leave comments. The next chapter will surprise you even more :)