The realization and the betrayal of a best friend

dear readers,

here is the next chapter of unexpected love. I am sure that you will enjoy this chapter and that you will like it very much. I am really excited to find out what you think and your opinion about it. The picture shows jasmeet and Shawn.

---------------------------------------
Be your own hero. When you fall down, tell yourself that you can do this and keep going. You can do this. Unknown

Shawn's POV:

My best friend really had a wish for our friendship to end. It seemed to me before that he took his promise seriously. However, this was apparently not the case. He refrained from standing up for Jasmeet but I could see in his face that it bothered him more than it should have had. When he chased after Jasmeet and Aryan, I felt more than just anger. He betrayed our long friendship and me. The confused stares of my peers made me even madder and I shouted: "Don't you have an own life? Do you need to pry into the lives of others?" This resulted in all of them leaving the hallway.

The soft touch of someone on my arm startled me and I looked up to see Nathalie's face inches away from mine. Nathalie was the last thing I wanted right now. She was just a needy girl and she really annoyed me, especially after what she said yesterday. I groaned: "Nathalie, I don't want you. Please leave!"
To my utter surprise, she tried to soothe me and pretended not to hear my rejection:" Oh darling, I know you want me. I mean you are my sweetpie. We had such an amazing time!"
Her statement resulted in me clenching my teeth and I replied her in a calm yet authorative manner:
"Nathalie, there is nothing and absolutely nothing between us. So please leave!"
She pouted and wanted to say something else; however, I did not give her a chance and told her: "Well, then I will leave if you do not go!"

I really hated girls who did not get it when a boy was not interested in them. It showed that they had no self-respect at all. They just wanted to have physical contact and needed the attention of men who told them they were irrestible. Nathalie was no exception and fulfilled those criteria.

I went into the direction of the classroom and saw that my best friend arrived before me. He did not spare me a glance, just moved into it and plopped down in front of the teaching hall.

Jasmeet's POV:

I felt the coffee sticking to my clothes and I was so ...I did not know what I felt at this moment. It was not describable. Embarrassment and anger and many more emotions. I have never been so humiliated in my whole life. The instant I felt coffee falling down and drenching my clothes and hair, I was on the verge of crying. My throat tightenend immediately and I did not know what do to do. It seemed like I could not speak up and raise my voice. It occurred to me for the first time that I had to do something against this bullying. For a long time I just stood up for Aryan, however not for me. I could not sit and wait for someone to rescue me; I had to do this by myself. My parents taught me to take matters in my own hands and not to let anyone bully or humiliate you.

After all, I was a Punjabi and there was this saying about us that we were brave like lions and that we were not defeated easily. I decided that I would change my attitude from today on. I was still in my car and nearly home. I ran quickly to my room, took a shower and changed in something clean. I pulled my hair in a messy bun and pulled out of the driveway. I would not let anyone give me the feeling that I was weak or frail.

The moment I knocked on the classroom and entered it, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. They were apparently so shocked that I dared to show my face after the incident before. It was clear that when someone was humiliated that they would come to school again on that day. Many needed the space and time to process the events and to calm themselves down. Therefore I was an exception.
Aryan shot me a questioning glare and I told him with a look that I would explain it to him later on. I turned to Mrs. Mendes who look at me angrily and annoyed, she did not like it when students came in late. It was known that she was one of the most strict teachers in the whole school.
"Mrs Mendes, I am really sorry for coming late. I had to change my clothes after being drenched in coffee!" I explained to the teacher in an honest tone. She answered me looking at me with her hawk like eyes: "Well, Miss Kaur, since you have an impeccable record of presenteism, you are allowed to take a seat and there is no detention for being late!"

I sighed in relief and took my usual seat in the front. I could feel Shawn's and Enzo's stare in my back and chose to ignore them. The class was like usual and it was interesting. I was also happy that I did not had to work with Shawn for my project. Finally, the bell signalled that the period was over. Aryan was the first to be out of his seat and he asked me:"Jassy, you came? I thought that you did not want to come back to school!" I smiled at his confused face and replied him: "Well, I realized while driving that I am no coward and that I will not let anyone make me feel bad. After all, I am a Punjabi and it is not easy to challenge and undermine us. I want to try something new today!" My best friend was amazed at my response and pulled me out of his seat. He brought me to my locker and proceeded to go to his own. I was deep in my thoughts when I suddenly felt someone standing next to me. "Jasmeet, are you okay?" a soft voice wanted to know. My eyes flickered up and I saw the flawless face of Enzo Morales. Was Enzo still trying to talk to me, despite me being mean to him and telling him to keep his distance? I stuttered: "Thank you, I am okay. After all, I am coffee free!" At my own response, I began to laugh, in situations like these it was common for me to laugh. Enzo stared at me; probably thinking that I was not sane. "I am sorry for my joke. Nevertheless, yeah I am okay. How are you?" I added in a soft tone. He began to speak, but a loud voice caused him to curse and hurry in the opposite direction. I was somewhat confused at his reaction, and followed his glare but I could not see anyone. What just happened and who shouted so loud that it made Enzo hurry away? I asked myself.

Since today was Wednesday, we had longer than the other day's school. I still had advanced English and then I was able to go home. Then I remembered that I still needed to work with Shawn on the project. I groaned at this thought and walked towards my class where Aryan was already waiting for me. We talked until the teacher came and the whole hour the teacher spoke about assignments, which were important for the final year.

I was the first one to be in the library, as I did not want to be late like yesterday. Shawn took today longer than the day before. I glanced at my watch and it told me that he was already ten minutes late. I made up my mind to wait for him for 15 more minutes and then I would leave.
Shawn where are you? I am already at the library. Hurry or else I will leave, I texted him. His response came instantly: Kaur, I am busy. I will not be able to join our session today. Something came up.
I was fuming with anger. He seriously dared to stand me up but it was Shawn Mendes; he was not one of the most reliable persons. I stood up and went to my car. It was also a relief for me not to having to see this idiot. I really hated that boy, he was really getting on my last nerves. What a day, I thought to myself and did not expect that something more was about to happen.

At my Toyota, I could see Nathalie leaning against it. As she noticed my presence, she crossed her arms in front of her breast and sneered: "Well, you dare to come back after being humiliated in front of everyone. You must be either stupid or insane! By the way you still look horrible, although the coffee suited you!"

------------------------

so what do you think will happen next? Will she stand up for herself or will she just walk away from a fight? I am curious to know your opinions. Let me know in the comments section :) How do you like Jasmeet Hailee Kaur so far? I am really excited to read all your opinions.

Love
Sarah He.