A cherished moment and the usual banter of enemies

my lovely readers,

here is the next chapter of my book unexpected love. I am so excited to hear what you think about this part. The picture shows Jasmeets, Shawns and EnzoOutfits and the moment between them. I can promise you that you will enjoy this chapter very much. Enjoy! I apologize for the late update, but can promise you that the next one will be sooner than this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember the first time I ever looked into your eyes and felt my whole world flip. - Unknown

Jasmeet's POV:

The emotions shown in them somehow scared me and touched my heart, forcing all my bottled up emotions to surface. I attempted to ban my sentiments into the back of my heart and mind, but the way he held my gaze made my defense weaken and soften. He had a certain admiration for me in them, visible by the warmth, and I felt my heartbeat fasten. My hands began to tremble and Enzo immediately noticed this, which resulted in him taking them in his. A touch of him made my skin flush and I had to chuckle softly to myself. I felt like one of the heroines in a romantic movies, where the boy touches the girl for the first time. I did not respond to his gesture as I was not sure what to do; then suddenly, I intertwined mine with his. Confusion was painted across his face as he did not expect me to return the gesture and I only smiled softly.

This boy in front of me managed somehow to crawl under my skin like none other could. Since our first interaction, he was on my mind as he had been so kind towards me, and I could not deny that I liked him in a way. I always noticed him but I never dreamt that we would talk or even interact with each other. As he also took my first kiss, I knew that there was a bond between us, which could not be reversed. First kisses were something so extraordinary and it was clear that they could be never forgotten as they left an imprint on our souls. I would never forget him, no matter how everything would turn out for us. I coud not deny that we had a tension between each other as a look in his eyes made my knees weaken.

I had never seen someone look at me in this way and it made my toes twitch in excitement and left me breathless. Too long, I anticipated being admired by someone as the male population always ignored me. I waited for some moments until I replied him, sounding confused: "Enzo, elaborate please!" I just wanted to test my theories and if he was brave enough to voice his feelings, he stared at me eyes wide open, surprise shown on his face. His reaction made me chuckle and I added reassuring him, with a sincere tone: "I know what you mean, Enzo! " I only said simple words, but I knew that they had a clear impact on him, showing him that there was a certain understanding between us. He seemed surprised that I understood him without him telling the thing to me directly. We were somehow able to identify each other's emotions which stunned me as I did not know much of him.

Something wanted us to be together, I did not know which thing, but I knew that I wanted to get to know this boy better and see where fate would bring us. He may be Shawn's best friend, however, I knew that he was different as he defended me in front of the whole school. This clearly showed that he was nothing like Shawn. It was also clear for me that it scared me as I did not want to get my heart broken. Aryan's words circled around in my head and I could not stop think that he was right as well. I had to be very careful with this boy and I could not open myself up immediately to him as I had to see what his true feelings or emotions for me were.

"Jasmeet, where are you?" Enzo asked me, wondering where my thoughts had taken me as I gave the impression of being absent-minded and not being present. I looked up and I got once more lost in them, the warm brown pulling me into them. It was clear that we could communicate without any words, which seemed weird, as we did not know each other well. "The moment Nathalie bullied you the day I first stood up for you, I suddenly felt the impulse to help you as I could not watch any longer how you were bullied or harassed. I never agreed with my best friend's desire, to torture or torment you. I knew that I never spoke up, but..!" he began to elaborate, although he could not finish his sentence as I interrupted him: "Enzo, I know that. It is important that you did this although I am hated by the whole school! I still cannot believe that you actually did this."
He gave me an incredulous look and responded me: "Jasmeet, you are not hated by all students. You just have everything, which Shawn never had. You seem perfect and many of our classmates are too weak to speak up or do anything against the bullying...!" He could not finish his sentence, as I spoke up.
"Then why did you choose to stand up for me. I never asked you why you did this!" I intercepted, wanting to know why he acted the way he did. My eyes portrayed my curiosity and he just observed me for a while, contemplating what he should reply me. I was grateful to him but it also sparked my interest why he suddenly chose to do this.
He shot me a look of disbelief, it seemed obvious that he thought that I should understand the reasons behind his actions, and suddenly leaned closer to me, whispering in my ears, causing a shiver to run down my back: "You know why. But if you are in need of a more detailed explanation, I am more than happy to enlighten you!" I felt goosebumps instantly on my arms and I hugged myself, to regain my composure. Enzo continued to stare at me, which made my slightly uncomfortable and I lowered my gaze to avoid his burning gaze.