The happy bride and the torn sister

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, with the same person.- Unknown

my dear readers, I decided to upload the next chapter of the book unexpected love. I am overwhelmed, by the love and support i get from you. the picture above shows samarpreet and her fiance Karan. what do you think about him? i am really so happy that i get such a positive response from you,
i hope you enjoy the chapter, comment and vote for it :)

I sighed and started to speak: „ It was okay, just the constant bullying continued and guess what happened: I have to work together with Mr. Jerk/Shawn Bradley! Mrs Mendes thought that it was the perfect thing to do to put us into a team. All just because he wants to attend Oxford or Cambridge. Why does he want this thing? I mean he is the smartest person on earth. I doubt that he will last long in Oxford. He will for sure crumble under the workload! But you my dear, you will for sure do great!"

She inhaled visibly and cried out loud:
„ Oh no, really? I had his brother in my grade and he was a complete jerk. Well he did not made my life a living hell but he treated so many students badly. He was really a bad boy and a tormenter. I cannot believe your teacher; she knows that you hate each other deeply. Hell, the school knows that! I mean why should he bully you for no reason. The teacher is really blind if she thinks that you could be working together!"
I was shocked by the sudden outburst of my sister, I never thought that she could be like this. However, I knew where she was coming from; maybe he did really pretend to behave well and not to break the truce. Maybe it was a farce and he planned a scheme to hurt me even more. It could be really that his words were just a cover to attack me once more, when my guard was down. He had a habit of attacking me when my guard was down.

He had done this when I was in my junior year. Shawn had suddenly stopped being a jerk and mean to me. He even talked to me in a nice way. Somehow I nearly fell for his nice act but then he decided to embarass me in front of the whole school. I had worn again something not very fashionable and he had poured an coffee all over me. He spat: "Kaur, how could you believe I could care for me. I mean you are really brown now with all the coffee running down you. It really suits your personality. Brown and ugly!" I had left the room running and crying. Aryan had sprinted after me and had consoled me. I remember clearly that feeling of the coffee sticking to me and soaking me. I never felt so humiliated. Since this moment, I despised Shawn even more. He had publicly embarrassed me and had made a complete fool out of me. The laughter of the fellow students still haunts me today.

A slight push brought me out of my memory. My sister looked at me caring and loving: "I am sure, it will be okay. We will see what will happen! By the way, you know Karan called me today. He misses me so much!" She blushed when the last sentence left her lips.
I chuckled, and replied: "And Samara do you miss him also so much. I mean you have not seen him since one month! I mean, you are after like a love-sick puppy!" She pretended to be angry and hit me playfully in the shoulder.

"Jassy, when you will be in love, you will understand my longing for Karan. He is my life. I love him really so much. I cannot wait being married to him. Although I do not want to travel so much. I want to stay with you. That is one of the disadvantages of being with an executive. They always travel!"

I shared her opinion and I told her: " I will miss you so much, when you will be gone. I do not want to think of the day when you will leave this house. I will cry so much. You cannot leave!"
She looked at me with empathy and replied: "Dear, I have to go one day. I am not moving to the moon, I will just not be in the same house. I will be even in Hounslow. So do not worry, Jassy. It is just tradition that we, girls, have to leave our home behind to start a new life. Even you will leave one day. It is just the way of life. I promise you I will come as often as I can for a visit. You know that Karan is a very understanding man!"

I nodded agreeing, Karan was really a gem of a man, he was very open-minded and listened to my sister. You could say that she was the man in this relationship as Samarpreet decided almost all-important issues. It was her idea not to have a dowry and Karan had accepted which was a surprising thing. It was customary that when Indian girls married their parents had to pay a dowry. Karan had also decided to pay nearly all of the expenses.
"But still, what will happen to this routine? You know I will be alone in this house then with mom and dad. Even Harvinder will be gone again!"
I whined. Samarpreet looked at me scoldingly and responded:
"Aww Jassy. I love you too. However, Harvinder will come back soon at the end of this year. You know that his studies are nearly over, so he will move back home!" I replied her: "Yes, this is true!"
She laughed and then I laid down in her lap; a thing which I did very often since I was a toddler. It gave me a sense of home and comfort. I was not aware what would happen soon. Love was about to enter my life and completely turn my world upside down. I would get to know what it meant to love someone with all his or her heart and still not being able to be with this person. When I laid this evening in the lap of my sister, I had no idea what would await me and would change my life forever.

so what do you think my dear readers? Do you hate Shawn already or do you think he is nice guy and what do you think about Karan and Samarpreet? Are you exciting to find out what will happen next?
If yes, then check out my book on Monday again where I will post the next update :)

love Sarah He.