Chapter 13 - The divorce row

"Maa decided to divorce Dad. She stated that he doesn't care enough about her mental wellbeing. The divorce was filed citing irreconcilable differences." , said Dhanush.

" What the hell, is she crazy ?" , I asked.

" The right answer to your question would be no, she was not crazy. Her love for Naina was crazy. Crazy enough to break a happy family and marriage. She loved Naina to the extent that she was ready to let go all of us. The fact that anything out of limits is not a boon got proved once again." , said Dhanush while sobbing a little.

" Yeah , I agree. But what happened after that and how did you land here with your whole family out of no where?." , I asked.

" So when the child custody matter started, my elder sister Varnika came into picture. Till the divorce filing she kept quiet. She didn't take anyone's side. Child custody issue was raised in the court and Varnika was asked that whom she wanted to stay with. She didn't give an answer right away and had pleaded for time. That day after going home , she called me into her room. I went." , he continued.

" What did she say?" , I asked with curiosity.

" She made it clear to me that I was not the one to blame for Naina's accident totally. But she was angry with me about that. When I got relieved thinking that she would support me, she said she blamed me for something else. She blames me for my family getting fragmented. I begged her for clemency. In case if a person is expected to support me then she is the only one. I pleaded her not to leave me and dad. She said that she is not able to choose between Maa and Dad. So me and her made a plan which would help Maa and Dad overcome the differences between them and solve the problem. Varnika asked for a one last family trip . She said that this would help her in choosing either Maa or Dad. This is how we came here." , he concluded.

" So you both want your mom and dad to reunite ?" , I asked.

He nodded.

" I don't have any hopes on this reuniting business. I feel it's too late but Varnika is adamant about her decision to reunite them . Will you help me , Maya?" , he asked.

" Can I ask u one thing?" , I asked.

He nodded.

" You say it's late too late to make it but is it too late to try?" , I winked.

" So is it a yes?" , he asked excitedly.

I nodded. Meanwhile Manya got up and was starting at us and I noticed that just now to my dumbness. Without saying anything I just went up to my room. There were many gifts lying on my bed. Gifts from last night! I unpacked each one slowly. There were many gifts like clothes , jewelry and cards but the one that fascinated me was a book. A book is the best gift you can ever give anyone. I feel that, I don't know why. I slept for a while. I took a shower and wore an off shoulder denim shirt with a black jeans. I really like it. I went down. It's 12:30 pm now.  My pals said there's still time for lunch. So I decided to go for an afternoon stroll. Just as I walked out to the garden , I texted Dhanush to come along with his sister. They came. Varnika is really an outgoing person . I could communicate really well with her. So then we made a plan on a piece of paper. It looked like this.

PROBLEM : The divorce

REASON: Dhanush

CIRCUMSTANCES THAT LEAD TO THIS:

·         Dhanush's carelessness

·         Naina's death

·         Dhanush's Maa's over fondness towards Naina