Chapter 12 - Reason

" Guys , chill ! Stay quiet. I will tell you everything. Wait for me in the first floor." , I said.

I sighed Dhanush to sit down. I gave him some cola and told him that I'll be back in 15 minutes. I walked up to the first floor. I knew that I'm gonna have it. As I entered the first floor , everyone except Shanaya glared at me.

" What the hell do you think of yourself? You will take all the decisions by yourself? Dhanush cannot be trusted. And we all know that. Maya, I don't think this ' getting back' business is gonna cause any good." , said Arav.

" Calm down Arav! 'Don't do anything without a reason' , this is what Maya believes in. If Maya did something then there will be a reason. Let her explain." , said Manya.

" Look guys, I found Dhanush in the garden yesterday night. After a lot of discussion with Shanaya and only after taking her advice , I went up to Dhanush. I did that only because he looked extremely depressed. He was sitting all alone in the garden at night. I was worried , after all he was my friend at one point of time. Later , I found out that he wants to commit suicide. How do you think would I leave a person with suicidal tendencies just like that. I invited him only because that would help him in some or the other way from his depression. Understood?" , I explained.

" But why does he wanna do that ?" , asked Arav.

" Well, I don't know that yet but I can tell you that this is not a prank for sure. I asked him but he didn't tell. I cannot pressurize him to tell as I hold no authority to do so. So let's just help him as much as we can." , I replied.

They all agreed to help. After a 15 minute long tiff , all of our opinions matched and we walked down. All of them were kind to him. They are like that only. Even if a stranger is in need , they won't step back to help. I love them to the core. I gazed at everyone with a slight smile on my face. We drank some Mocktails and had some snacks. Karan played songs. I was overwhelmed and started dancing to every beat that was played. After 2 hours , we had dinner in the lawn. Then we sat down in front of the bonfire. I looked at everyone's faces. Shanaya looked back at me and smiled . She seemed really happy. Arav was sleeping on the grass and enjoying the moonlight. I was leaning on Manya. We both were really happy that we got to meet each other after such a long time. She the one for whom I can travel for millions of miles , just to meet her. Karan was listening to songs and Dhanush was finally smiling. I am truly happy at this moment. I know that my life is a mayhem but I at least have these people with me.

The bright rays of the sun woke me up. I got up and looked around. What the hell! We slept of near the bonfire area in the lawn only. HAHA. Everyone were still into deep sleep. We got really tired yesterday but I cannot sleep with this amount of light around me. I walked into the cottage. Dhanush was sitting on the sofa.

" So you got up?" , I asked.

" I actually didn't sleep Maya." , said Dhanush.

" What's the time , by the way?" , I asked him.

" It's around 5:40 am." , he answered.

" Why didn't you sleep last night?" , I asked.

" I couldn't just forgive myself. I was trying to make progress in that but it was of no use." , he said.

" Forgive yourself for what?" , I asked.

" I think it's high time that I should tell you , Maya. Come here and sit down ,first." , he said.

I went up to the sofa and I sat down as he said.

" If you remember , I told you that my mom died when I was 4 years old. And my dad married again because I was too young and he thought I needed a mom. I have been saying with my step mom since when I was 6 years old. I also told you that she cared for me and my sister ,like my own mom would do and I address her saying 'Maa'. " , he said.

" Yeah, I remember." , I told him.

" What I never told you was I had a half sister. She lived in hostel for her studies. 4 months ago , she completed her university. And Maa was very happy after hearing the news of her return. Her name was Naina. She used to study in Finland and was coming back that day. Her flight's arrival time was 8:20 pm. My dad told me to pick her up from the airport as both Maa and Dad had an important business meeting. I got stuck in traffic and I was late. So when the road got cleared , I was in great hurry and was driving extremely fast as I had to reach on time. On the other hand , Naina's flight got landed and she didn't find me when she came out. She took a taxi to come home as she was excited that she finally came back after years. On the highway , I lost control on the car and met with an accident. The other car I hit was the taxi Naina took ,unfortunately. To add insult to the injury , Naina died in that accident." , narrated Dhanush.

" You hit Naina's taxi ? That's so coincidental!" , I exclaimed.

" Yeah,I was also injured badly. I actually became unconscious during the accident and I woke up in the hospital. Then I got to know that Naina passed away. Maa blamed me for her death. She started hating me and disowned me. After all , I killed her child. She asked dad to send me away from the house. Dad was angry at me but he couldn't disown me. He refused to send me away. The situation turned worse later." , he continued.

" What happened later?" , I asked.