Chapter 2 -Don't spare idiots!

I enter the restroom .As I wash my face and look into the mirror, I turn my face away to avoid the sight of my face. "Why am I refusing to look at myself ?", I thought. Reluctantly ,I look into the mirror.

I decided that I will confront myself. "Why are you refusing to look into your own eyes Maya?", I asked myself. I will have to be confident and strong after all ,the decision to choose this route was mine. But there's something which is disturbing me. "What is that?",I questioned myself. "Try to reminisce when did such a thing happen to you." ,I told myself. The last time this sleepiness and constant anxiety occurred to me was when I decided to change the way , I lead my life ! That's it. I understood ! It's about Siddharth. Something's definitely wrong with him. I don't know if this is telepathy or something but I immediately understand ,when something goes wrong with him. I will find out but I don't know how. I cannot call him ,because for him, " I've departed this life". Anyways right now , I might not know the way but I'll figure it out soon . It's almost 8:20 am and the class is gonna start soon. I looked backed into the mirror and I said " God, help me to get through this." , after all he was the only person I could confide in. I walked out of the restroom and went straight to the class.

After an hour long session of Physics , we finally got a break. I slowly pulled out my bag and peaked into it to check my phone. We're not allowed to get them to school but we sneak the gadgets in .LOL.WHAT THE HELL! It says Karan(2 missed calls)- 20 minutes ago .Karan called me! But why? I gasped but the sight of something made me pause . Arav, it's Arav Mehta! He is my best friend and he behaves as though ,the sole purpose of his life is to irritate me . But believe me , he's fun to be around and a great company. His black hair , big eyes ,fair skin and good mentality makes him one of the most popular guys in the school. Sounds stupid right? But people still take the outer appearance of a person as the criteria to judge his or her mentality. This is the reason for me to get fed up of the society. I don't refuse to live in it but provided that I stay away from all such negativity and crazy people who go on looks.

Arav :Maya , where were u girl!

Me : Ah, I was in the restroom Arav . Is there something that u wanna tell me? Why r you sounding so worried?

Arav : Yeah, it's definitely something to worry about when you see Shaira absolutely silent. Right Maya?

Me :You mean to say that Shaira is not responding to anyone

Arav : Yes Maya , you got it right.

Me :Okay Arav , but where is she?

Arav : In the canteen .

Me : Sure , I'm coming in 5 mins .

Arav leaves . Shaira Verma , she's my sweetheart. We've been neighbors ever since I was 7 . We have shared our childhood together. The only thing is she's 2 years younger to me and she holds the same place as Vrushika in my life. Shaira is too talkative and never usually shuts her mouth .LOL. But if she's quiet then there's definitely something really wrong with her. As I was talking to myself , I didn't even realize that I've already reached the canteen. I roll my eyes in the crowd to find my friends and here they are! I walk to the table and sit down. Shanaya is looking at me doubtfully as expected. Shaira is quiet and is not even lifting her head up to have a look at me .

Arav : Come and sit down Maya! What are you looking for? Well, if its food then sorry ,neither of us have money.

Me : Arav, Man can you please shut up for god's sake , I'm not a foodie and don't make me seem like that.

Arav : Madam, if you are done with your clarifications then please have a seat.

I sat down and I just realized that there is too much silence over here. I never usually experience this amount of silence or peace as I think when our group is together at one place.

Shanaya : Since Maya is here , Shaira will you please let us know what happened?

Me: Yes Shaira, please tell me dear.

Shaira : That neighbor of us Maya ! Tanmay, he is the problem .Yesterday in the night, he sneaked into my house . This time he has crossed all his limits. He tried to misbehave with me. I scared him telling that I would call the police. He says, he likes me but I don't like him. I hate him ! I don't get his point . He is always behind me. It's all so creepy and I wanna get rid of him now.

Arav : And the thing is he is not from our school and we cannot take any strict action against him.

Shanaya: He lives with his grandparents and even if we complain ,there's no use.

Me(angrily): Guys, stop freaking out ! Do one thing ,leave this matter to me .

Shanaya : Maya , I can see that you are very angry but please try to understand, if you take a wrong step then Shaira will be in trouble.

Arav : I'm not telling it sarcastically but Shanaya , don't stop Maya. I'm sure she knows what to do. You know whom you are talking to right! It's Maya Arora, she can never do anything wrong .

Me: Thanks Arav. Okay guys , now please chill and go to the classes . I will take care of this guy.

They all looked at me in anticipation but I didn't tell them my plan. They will definitely get scared and say "Maya you cannot do this, it's wrong and you shouldn't hurt people." They are too good u know and they can never afford to hurt anyone , not even the ISIS' Chief !!! LOL. After the school was over, I went home. I wore my black hoodie with black jeans and a cap. Tied my hair into a pony. Now I am in the parking of my house , sitting on my bike. Tanmay ! Get ready . You are gonna get screwed up bruh! LOL.

Currently, I'm at Tanmay's tution waiting for him outside. I had also attended these tution classes so I exactly know the place. Yes, there he is ! "Let him cross this street and I'll follow him", I thought. No sooner that he crossed the street and I interrupted his way. I parked my bike in between his way and walked straight up to him.

"Maya Arora ! Shaira's best friend , senior and neighbor right?" , he said,

"Well bro! Looks like you've done a lot of research , alright but something's missing in there. Shaira is my soul sister and I can do anything for her! How did u miss that, idiot! See listen , I haven't got much time right now. Just answer to my question in yes or no ! Will you stop checking out Shaira?", I said.

"No , how did u think I'm gonna leave her so easily!", he said.

"Okay then, I knew that you wouldn't agree to it so easily! I'll persuade u in my own way!!" , I said.

I held his hand tightly and twisted it. Slipped the pepper spray bottle out of my pocket and sprayed it on his face. He shrieked with his eyes burning. I got it! Now I gave a flinty punch on his face. He fell down on his knees not able to talk. I left him on the road. And drove the bike home. I got down outside the gate and the security guard had taken my bike to park. That was an absolutely right punishment which had to be given to him. How dare he , to sneak into Shaira's house when her parents were out and that too in the night. And he tried to misbehave ! Such idiots should not be spared! NEVER SPARE IDIOTS! I was thinking all this and suddenly someone patted on my shoulder. I turned around and what I saw sent a shiver down my spine. Karan Mehra! The only soul who understood me in the time of need .And I was stoned.

"Maya , where were you and why didn't you take my calls?" ,asked Karan.

Oh darn! Because of Shaira's situation in the morning ,I forgot that Karan had called. Karan's face reminded me of what happened in last September. I broke down! Karan held me upright.

"Maya , why are you crying dude. Don't , you are strong !! Answer me Maya . Why hadn't you taken my calls?"

"Why did you call?", I sobbed.

"Accident!", said Karan.