Chapter 10 - Scary surprise

What the hell! He wants to commit a suicide! Why would a person like Dhanush wanna do such a terrible thing? I am not understanding anything right now. Should I ask him the reason? Would it be a right thing to do? I think I should give him sometime. He will only tell me by himself.

"If you are thinking about this , then there might a grievous reason behind it. I don't think I should force you to tell me but I'm going to await for the reason. Tell me when you wanna tell me . Remember one thing that I'm always there for u, Dhanush." , I said after thinking for a while.

He was lost in his thoughts for the next ten minutes. The clock struck 12 ! Dhanush's watch gave out 2 beep sounds. He looked at me . Letting go of all his sadness, he got up and smiled. I also got up. He held my hand and said " Happy Birthday Maya!". I was perplexed. Honestly, I don't think that he was supposed to hold my hand. But it's okay , after all it is my birthday. I thanked him instinctually. It is time to go back now. I told him that I had to leave .

" You can join us tomorrow at 7 pm in our cottage. We have a party kind of event." , I said to Dhanush before leaving.

" Sure, that would be my pleasure. Thanks Maya. " , he replied.

I invited him because i thought it would be a good getaway from his situation.I walked rapidly towards the cottage. As soon as i entered, all the lights in the living room started blinking. ON AND OFF ,ON AND OFF. I was perplexed. I knew that these guys would do something but what the hell is this? Anyone either switches off all the lights or switches them on. These guys are getting weird ideas these days. Anyways this seems interesting. I walked inside , there was someone turned towards the other side. He was draped in black cloth and was wearing a conical cap. This made me little terrified.

" Guys , it's my birthday. You are not supposed to scare me!" , I shouted out loudly.

This is all interesting. The curious part in me was like " go and check it out" but the scared part in me was like " no , that might be real". I was perplexed as hell. I'm that person who likes mystery but not horror. People often mistake mystery with horror. They both are not the same things. I went forward and patted on that person's shoulder. He turned back and i screamed. It was Arav with his face coloured in red and white. It was so scary. And now someone had caught me by my waist from the back. What the hell , now I'm getting scared. That person's hands were on my tummy and I was caught tightly. I started screaming. I couldn't breathe. "LEAVE ME !" , I screamed out. This person now tied my hands with a rope and put blind folds on my eyes. They pulled me to the penthouse. This is so scary. Now after reaching there, I was freed.

Everyone came in front of me and shouted out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!". Finally, they ended their stupid drama. It was actually nice but scared the shit out of me. We cut the cake and sat down to eat it. It is almost 1 am now and we have to sleep. We have a sightseeing plan tomorrow. We have to be there on time.

It is 6 am and we all already got up. It is still dark outside. There's something in darkness that fascinates me so much. We got ready and we started in a car. After one and a half hour , we reached a place where the snow dresses and boots were being given. We wore them. We all look so fat and funny. Then we again set off for an other 2 hours. We have stopped for a light breakfast in between. I looked out of the window. It was all snow! White and soft! After a while the car stopped and we got down. It was freezing cold and all i could see was snow. We were in Rohtang pass , one the highest tourist areas.We were startled and looked at each other and smiled. I was overjoyed. It is not the first time that I'm seeing snow but still. We all ran like we got wheels to our feet. As fast as we could. It felt magical. Manya came to us and said , " Let's shout loudly!". We all agreed. ONE .TWO .THREE . And we shouted on top of our voice. I already started feeling that this was going to be the best birthday of my life.

We did skiing. It was really fun and overwhelming. I couldn't do it as well as Karan but I did it. We played with snow. We fell on each other and rolled. I was going to put snow on Arav's face but I stopped. I went near him and i hugged him. I started crying. He was the best brother I could ever get. In few months , I'll be leaving him. He is also shifting to an other place. I felt really bad. I want him to be beside me and irritate me for ever. I don't ever want him to leave me. But I cannot help it. For reaching a great place, it's important to leave from somewhere first. I couldn't help it in any form. All i could do is cry. Sometimes we don't really have any other option than crying. Crying has the capacity to remove the pain from inside. I never really understood Arav in the beginning. I called him "BRO" but I didn't know that he accepted it by heart. One incident had made me understand.

1 AND HALF YEAR AGO....

Arav met Sid for the first time. We went to the bowling arena that day. We played for a lot of time. Then we had lunch. At the beginning, I thought that they both got along really well but it was no sooner that I was proved wrong. After that day , Arav started getting irritated whenever I took Sid's name. One fine day, I confronted him for his behaviour. Then the actual thing in his heart came out.

" I don't think he's a right person for u, Maya." ,he said.

" On which basis are you telling that? " , I asked.

" I don't have any proof but I know how boys are like , okay? Please listen to me . Stop all this and leave him. I'm a guy and I know a guy's mindset. " , he said curtly.

I didn't understand anything that Arav said. I thought " Is he some kind of fool?". I felt that he was trying to tear us apart. I questioned his authority to say all this. I told him that he cannot control my life and he had no right. Our argument started turning ugly. I realised that and I decided that I wouldn't speak to him anymore.

We didn't speak to each other for 2 months. We hated each other. Then I was lying in my bed when I received a message from him. He told that he really missed me and asked me if we could be friends again. He said ," You are going to leave after 12th , let's not waste time like this and spoil our bond. I won't speak anything against Sid . Just don't get his topic in front of me. " , he was really emotional at that time . And we got back. After many more hangouts and attachment, I realised one thing. I was trying to figure out , the actual reason behind our fight.

Arav had really accepted me as his sister. The fact that a guy was checking on his sister irked him. He felt protective towards me and was scared that if Sid had ditched me then I wouldn't be able to take it. He just did what a brother would do. It was not his mistake at all.

I understood one thing from this whole incident when I tried to figure out , what should I have done so that this fight wouldn't had happened. Not everyone wants to harm you and efforts of such people should be welcomed. And it is equally important that we are able to differentiate between such people and the harmful ones.