Chapter 3 - Fake ?

What the hell did he just say! Accident? Oh my god! Is it what I'm thinking ?? My hands are shivering. God, please don't make my perception as reality. But first , let me ask him.

"Karan, who met with an accident?" , I enquired.

"Well , Maya if it's someone from friends then , I obviously wouldn't contact you or come all the way here to talk to you." , he said.

"Siddharth ! He met with an accident again?" , I freaked.

"But Maya , it's not like every time. The outcome is different this time." , he said.

" How's he ?" , I asked.

" Before I tell u that let's go and have a seat inside.", he advised.

I antipathetically walked inside the gate and we went to the pool side. The pool side is a very quiet and calm area . We sat down on the chairs and I looked at him hoping that he would tell me at least now.

" He had a major fight with his mom at home and was in frustration. He decided to go out to have dinner with me . I protested that he shouldn't drive and I would drive the car. But as we all know , he never listens to anyone. He snatched the keys off my hand and sat in the car. I was sitting in the front seat and he was driving. We were going to a restaurant near Gurgaon , so we were going on the highway. But suddenly from the left interchange of the road , a big truck was coming. And I was sitting on the left side seat. Siddharth never let's anyone get hurt because of him , so he immediately took a 180 degree left turn and he became victim to the truck's dash. The truck bashed the car and when I opened my eyes later , I could only see broken fragments of the car. I saw Siddharth lying on the road . I screamed for help and later I made it to the hospital. And by the time we reached the hospital , the time was around 1:30 am . Siddharth has been diagnosed with a crucial brain injury and he's in the state of Coma." , he explained.

I can feel the blood rushing through my hands. I am not understanding, what to do now!. I looked up into the sky and it is all dark, just like my life. I don't understand why such things happen to me. " You could make me as the victim to that accident , why Siddharth? " , I asked god silently.

"Maya , he saved my life putting his into danger. I feel so guilty right now. His situation is critical. Do you wanna visit him ?" , he asked.

"What about his parents?" , I asked.

" They are distressed. And because of their presence, I can't guarantee that you can see him. Let's go to the hospital and see. If situation cooperates , you might be able to see him!", Karan exclaimed.

Without giving any second thought to the idea, I took my car and we are going to AIIMS hospital. I was relieved when I got to know that he was admitted to that hospital as it has the best doctors in the country. But I can still feel my heart beating and I'm not able to breathe properly. Throughout the way , I was just wishing for one thing, "HE SHOULD BE ALRIGHT!". And we finally reached the hospital! Karan told me to hide a bit behind him so that no one sees me. We walked into the corridor of the ICU , he was kept in and there was absolutely no one!! Karan slowly peeped into the room through the glass panel on the door. He told me that his mom was sitting to one side on the sofa and I can have a look at him only from the outside of the door through the panel. I saw him . I saw Sid after almost an year but lying on the bed covered in bandages. I couldn't stop tears from rushing out. My legs became weak and I couldn't withstand myself. I perched on the floor. Siddharth , a happy and compassionate soul is in Coma. The only person in whom I found everything that I wanted , he was not only my support system but also my best friend . He took care of me like my mom , supported me like dad ,irritated me like my sister and loved me more than anyone could ever. A thought of him not being present in this world was no less than a horror movie. I swear, I will never let that happen. I don't have much time to keep seeing him. Some of his family member could come here any minute. I will have to leave before that. I told Karan that I would call him tomorrow and I came back.

I slipped my legs into the pool and sat there in bright moonlight. I told myself that I can't let this shut down the functioning of my brain. After a terrifying day , I still have one thing to do. Nevertheless ,my mental condition being wrecked , I don't care since I have took responsibility of something and initiated an action , I have to complete it. I called my Dad's secretary and told him to find out Tanmay's contact number after sending him some details. He texted me the number beck and I called him.

"Hello.", a weak sound came from the other side.

" Hello , am I speaking to Tanmay?" , I spoke sweetly because if I sound like myself then he will definitely disconnect the line.

" Yes , may I know who is it ?" , he said.

" No there is no such requirement . Just listen to what I say completely otherwise you will be at loss" , I said firmly.

" Okay, he replied." , I'm sure that he must have recognized that it's me.

" If you trouble Shaira ever again then ,this time I will definitely make sure that you'll reach the hospital and stay there forever ! Understood?" , I said.

He disconnected the line with out any answer.What a coward! Well, after he heard to me I'm sure that he will never dare to trouble Shaira again. The time is around 11pm now. I just wanna lay down on the bed. As I laid down , I grabbed a pillow in my hands and held it tight.

FROM KARAN MEHRA'S PERSPECTIVE

I'm home now. I wonder that how didn't I suffer through any major injuries after that terrifying accident. "Well, that's because I have a friend like Sid", I thought. Sid reminds me of Maya. Maya Arora, I used to see her almost every day but I saw her after an year today. I don't blame her for that. It's Sid , it was his fault. Once ,Sid and Maya were the happiest people on the planet when they were together. But today , Maya cannot even have a look at him from near. Sid is a perfect human being for the whole world except for me and Maya. To the world he is compassionate ,awesome ,humorous ,generous and a best company. Even me and Maya thought the same. But .....

HE FAKES SMILE OVER HONEST TEARS

HE FAKES REPUTATION OVER REAL PERSONALITY

HE FAKES FAME OVER RESPECT

HE FAKES RESULT OVER INTELLIGENCE

HE FAKES TRUTH OVER FUN

Maya and Sid used to study together . He was a very close friend of Maya and slowly the friendship turned into something else. I was happy for them both. But Sid was put into a different school by his parents which was more near to their residence. Maya was really disappointed. One fine day , she met his new group of friends. No one knew , who Maya was to Sid. She understood that Sid didn't wanna reveal it to anyone , so that it wouldn't become controversial. She started hanging out with Sid's friends and one day , she gotta know that Sid has been seeing an other girl. But she didn't believe them. But after a week she accidentally saw their chat when Sid left his Facebook open on Maya's laptop. She never told me what was in it. She asked Sid about it but he just cut her off saying that she was just a friend. Maya became normal again and they were fine. After 2 months from that issue , she found out that Sid lies a lot. I agree to that because he even lied to many hundreds of times. He was fake . He was not that person what he showed to the outside world. But Maya ,she never wanted to leave him. Her argument was that Sid wasn't fake , his ways were wrong . Maya decided to make him mend his ways. Honestly she tried a lot but Sid slowly stopped speaking to Maya. He started ignoring her texts , cancelling their hangout plans and stopped putting interest into Maya. But Maya never takes her words back. She had promised that she would never leave him.

So decided to take a major step in her life. She was not a namby-pamby to do something like a suicide. She is a girl of strength.