Explosions and other ways to get thrown in an Asylum- Part 3

HEY I'M BACK!!!!!! I'm not that mean to just leave cliffhangers. WEELLLLL sometimes...... BUT NOT TODAY SO BE HAPPY!!!!!!!

READ ON!!!!!!

__________________

---Naima' s PoV---

The car made a sudden stop. The aliens seemed agitated.

“MOVE BOY!!!!" One shouted. Two seconds later, the car began driving down again, this time faster. I wasn't sure what happened but I was hoping it was Nico or Leo that the aliens almost ran over. At least there was a chance that they would follow this stupid truck and save us.

“How long do you think it's been???" I asked VCR.

“No idea. Possibly an hour or two. Maybe longer, maybe not."

“Great. CAN YOU DRIVE ANY SLOWER, IF I'M GETTING SOLD OFF THEN CAN YOU JUST HURRY IT UP?!?!?!"

They ignored me. I began humming random songs out of boredom.

“Did you have any plans???" I asked, looking to Verenity.

“I don't understand."

“Did you have any plans back in 1877??? We're you just going to kill demons for the rest of your life???" She seemed to be thinking about it, like she wasn't ever thought of a life outside of killing demons and vampires.

“I always loved painting. Not just drawing visions of people getting kidnapped by vampires or demon nests." She said in a serious tone at the last part, making me laugh. “What about you???"

“Acting."

“Really??? I thought you would be stealing for a living."

I laughed again. “Funny. No, I always wanted to me in the film industry. I wouldn't mind if I was a director or an actress or a stagehand-"

“Or an assistant who steals everything valuable."

“SHUT UP ABOUT THAT." I yelled. She laughed.

“No, I think I'll keep making jokes."

“I'm now regretting opening up the welcome mat for you."

“Too late for me to go back." She countered. I stuck out my tongue. We continued to talk, getting to know eachother, Verenity making a thief comment with almost everything I said. It felt like an hour had passed before we got to our families and childhoods.

“My mother died when I was born, my father placed me on a mundane family's doorstep-"

“Like Harry Potter." I said instantly.

“Excuse me?"

“Sorry, continue."

“I lived with that family until I was seven. A demon attacked and killed them, looking for me. I ran, not looking back, but I wasn't that fast. It almost killed me. The demon was killed by Charlotte, but she thought I was a mundane with sight, the ability to see demons and Downwordlers and Shadowhunters. She brought me to the Institute. At the time, the Silent Brothers arrived. They healed me and told her that I was part Shadowhunter, but they couldn't tell the other half of me, which was a Greek god's blood. I lived there until you, the others, and the Doctor came. Now I'm here."

“Mine' s similar. My mother died of a drug overdose when  I was two. I was in the foster system for a long time. Then the accident..."

“What accident???"

“I don't really remember anything before. I was twelve and I was walking home before everything went black. Next thing I knew, I was in a hospital. The doctors told me I was in a car accident and in really bad shape. I fell in a coma for four years. They said there was a person paying for me to stay alive, but they didn't know who. Any way, I went back in the foster system and I ran away the first night. I ran into some monsters. Hell hounds. I met Jez after we killed them. We then found our way to Camp Half-Blood, the place where demigods like us are safe. There was a war shortly after and we won. We met the Doctor about six months after and we went with him. First place we went was your place, so you know the rest.“