Chapter Thirty Nine: Remembering

Ji Hyo's mom took very good care of her until she fully recovered.  She received a lot of notes from her fans, cast and crew members from both Running Man and Emergency Couple wishing her for a speedy recovery.

Throughout her recovery, she was able to maintain her memory of the people she worked with, family and friends but when it came to Gary, she was still struggling with knowing who he was.  For all she knew, he was just a cast member she worked with on the set of Running Man.  Since her memory loss, she has spent a lot of time with Kwang Soo.

Gary had a very hard time dealing with this, though he knew it was something that was out of his control.  He kept trying to find ways for her to remember who he was but she refused to even acknowledge him.  This troubled him since they had a past together.  So many intimate moments together, she brushed it aside as if it never happened.  He was lost on how to handle this situation.

One Friday night after a long day of filming, Ji Hyo wanted to go out with some close girl friends.  She invited Kwang Soo.  He asked her if he could bring a friend with him and she agreed.  Of course, he took Gary, just so Gary won't be suspicious of his friendship with Ji Hyo.  Kwang Soo and Gary met Ji Hyo and her friends at a restaurant.  Once Ji Hyo saw Kwang Soo she immediately went up to him and gave him a big hug.  Gar's blood was boiling with jealousy but he controlled himself.  Ji Hyo asked Kwang Soo to sit next to her, while Gary sat with her two friends. 

Ji Hyo had fully recovered from surgery.  She was back to herself again, except that she wasn't drinking like she use too.  She was very lively during dinner and was enthusiastic to do something else afterwards.  Her friends suggested they go dancing at a nearby club. 

When they were in the club, Ji Hyo kept dancing with Kwang Soo.  Finally, Gary couldn't take it anymore and wanted to leave. 

"Hyung, where are you going?"

"I think I will call it a day...I am not feeling well," Gary said.

Suddenly one of the girls literally begged Gary to slow dance with her once on the dance floor before he called it a night.  Seeing it was Ji Hyo's friend he agreed to dance one slow dance with her and then he was going to go home after that.  He took the girl's hand and led her to the floor.  Kwang Soo, Ji Hyo, and her other friend decided to take a break and just watch the two of them on the dance floor. 

When Ji Hyo saw Gary take her friends hand and lead her to the dance floor something strange started to happen to her.  She was starting to get flashbacks of something that happened in the past.  Ji Hyo closed her eyes trying to figure out some kind of memory but she just couldn't remember it.  When Gary put his arms around her friends waist, something hit her again. 

(Flashback)

When Ji Hyo woke up after the surgery, she never told anyone how she detested Gary.  Something about him made her feel sick to her stomach just to be near him.  She never said anything because she knew how close Kwang Soo was with him and she really like Kwang Soo.  In her mind, Kwang Soo was the person who took very good care of her and not Gary. 

(Back to the Club)

She tried to shake off this weird feeling she was getting just seeing Gary dancing with her friend.  She leaned over to Kwang Soo and asked him, "Kwang Soo, when we were in the hospital, everyone looked surpirsed that I didn't know who Gary was...please tell me something about him."

It was the first time, since coming home from the hospital that Ji Hyo inquired about Gary.  Kwang Soo asked Ji Hyo to step outside with him for a little while so they could talk.  They told her friend that they would be right back.  Kwang Soo took Ji Hyo to the parking lot and told her that she and Gary had very strong feelings for one another. This surprised Ji Hyo.