Chapter Four: Making It Work

Gary kept true to his words that he would distance himself away from Ji Hyo.  He talked to the production company that he did not want to continue the love line between him and Ji Hyo and that during the filming of the show, if they have guest to team them with the other members instead of each other. 

This sudden request from Gary puzzled the producers of the show.  However, they wanted to keep him happy for the sake of the show, so they abided by his request. 

When filming began for the next episode of running man, Gary rarely talked to Ji Hyo.  He was teamed with the other members of the show, while Ji Hyo was teamed with the rest of the members.  The episode was a competition between the Running men team members and the Writers of the show. 

It was obvious that Ji Hyo was having difficulties sleeping through the night, as seen in the beginning of the show where she falls asleep on top of a giant jenga tower.  Gary and Ji Hyo worked hard during the production of the show but deep inside they were both hurting from not being able to see each other.

After filming running man episode 178, Gary went back to his trailer feeling uneasy about the situation between him and Ji Hyo.  Every moment they were filming, his mind was always thinking of her.  He wondered if she felt the same way.

Gary suddenly heard a knock on his door.  He opened the door and saw Lee Kwang Soo.  He said, "Hyung, aren't you going home yet?"  Gary said he was going to leave soon once he finishes taking care of a few things. Lee Kwang Soo said that the rest of the staff and team members already went home since it was cold and late at night.  He then told Gary to finish what he was doing so he can hurry home too.  Gary thanked Lee Kwang Soo and told him to drive home safely. 

Gary locked the door of his trailer and was heading towards his car when he noticed that Ji Hyo's car was still in the parking lot.  He went to her trailer to see if she was still there.  He knocked on the door and Ji Hyo opened it. 

"Oh Ji Hyo...why are you still here?"  "It's time to go home."

"I was just about to leave, " said Ji Hyo.

Gary walked her to her car.  Before she went inside her car, she turned to face Gary.

"Oppa, thank you for keeping your word."

Gary gave a little smile and kissed Ji Hyo on the head before saying good night.

He then turned to walk to his car but Ji Hyo grabbed his arm.

"Oppa...I..."

Gary clenched his right fist and put it on his chest.  He looked down and had this look of pain and sadness on his face.  He said, "please don't do this, Ji Hyo." 

He was hurting but so was she.  Ji Hyo slowly went behind Gary and hugged him.  Tears were coming down her face. 

Gary couldn't take it, so he turned around, grabbed her arms and began kissing her on the lips really hard.  Tears were coming down from the corner of his eyes as he was savagely kissing her.  He couldn't control his strong love for her.  When he finally released her from his kiss, he pushed Ji Hyo back.  He quickly turned his back on her and said, "you need to go now....when we were at the beach, I promised I would not hurt or take advantage of you anymore but being here alone with you tonight, I cannot guarantee I can keep that promise....please just leave." 

"Oppa...."

Gary suddenly turned around to face her again and in a very loud voice told her, "don't you understand that I cannot control my love for you and if you don't leave now, I don't know what I will do to you!" 

Ji Hyo was stunned with his harsh and stinging words that she took a step back away from him.  She became a little frightened but she didn't want to leave him this way.  She then gently grabbed his hand.  Gary quickly took it away from her and said, "please, please don't touch me....just leave." 

Ji Hyo turned and walked back to her car, crying.  Gary felt really bad that he made her cry, so he ran to her before she got in the car.  He grabbed Jiho and hugged her from behind. Then he apologized for his harsh behavior.  Ji Hyo put her hands on his arm and quietly said, "Oppa, I know how you feel for I long to be with you tonight."  With those words, Gary asked Ji Hyo to go back with him to his trailer.

She didn't refuse.  Hand in hand, they ran back to Gary's trailer.  Gary took her to his couch and began making out with her.  Both were giving in to their desire to be with each other.  They stayed in Gary's trailer for several hourse before leaving early in the morning to go their separate ways.