46- Royal Innocence

46

»Royal Innocence«

In your palace's library today at 4 will meet me and the marvelous you.

Love, Baekhyun.

I held the piece of scrunched pallor, that had arrived yesterday, with my trembling hands and read the short message over and over again. I had lost count of the exact amount of times while sitting on our bed, waiting for Sehun to exit the bathroom from his long shower.
We had attended a meeting with the chairmen of our security personnel in the morning in order to be informed about the current status at the boarders. Until now only very few people tried to escape out of Eden on their quest to find and destroy Hades, and we spared them from trial in the court house. The situation in the cities seemed to have retrieved serenity, whereas the disease was still presently and dominantly complicating our lives inside of here.

Sehun still lacked knowledge of Baekhyun's not quite appeasing visit that was approaching. I lifted my head to view the clock hung above the door that told me I had exactly fifteen minutes left, as the hand of the clock surpassed the twelve again. I squeezed the brief letter into a small ball, hiding it in the pocket of my sweater as I heard the running of the shower cease.

What I was even doing— I didn't exactly know. I still questioned myself with every passing second, but the sight of my necklet and pendant around my neck reassured me of my power. Moreover I was in the possession of Baekhyun's own, hiding in the other pocket, which was probably the second greatest reassurance this very moment in that I felt nervousness creeping its way up my spine.

As the handle on the bathroom door started jiggling and signaling that it was about to be opened, my lips started to crawl over my body with the desire to voice my anxious yet curious thought. I sighed quietly as my head turned towards the opening piece, my hands burying into the pockets where I kept my momentous but ephemeral gem, the other eternal located around my neck.

Sehun stepped over the threshold of the doorframe wearing only a towel around his hips, searching for my eyes in the room. As he found my body on the bed right across of him, he smiled faintly, drying his hair with another clean towel. "Such a pity you didn't want to take a shower together." He chuckled quietly upon his remark, throwing the towel from his hands inside the bathroom. "You're sure you don't want to come to the theatre play with Suho and me?"

I shook my head lightly and arose from my place on the edge of the bed. "I'll stay behind with Solar and help her with her birthday preparations." I took slow steps closer to him, keeping my hands in my pockets. "She will be angry even more if both of us don't help her. She's already annoyed because we keep the letter from her."

Sehun's hands travelled to my waist as I arrived in front of him and he spoke, "But you also know that she is always like this, she's a Diva." Laughing whole heartedly, he leaned in tormentingly slow to place a delicate and tingling kiss on my blushed cheek. "Come on Am, we will have fun being out like this." He tilted his head and begged with lovable angel eyes.

"I already promised her." I smiled due to his attempt of adornment, leaning forward to place my arms around his torso for a warming hug. His naked skin was still radiating heat from the searing hot water that had streamed down his body, it was unbelievably soft as it met with my skin and was pressed together carefully. While having my head comfortably against his chest I peeked up at the ticking clock, my body tensing at the rapid passing of time. Twelve minutes left.

"It could be a wonderfully spent Sunday afternoon but my wife decides to sacrifice herself for my needy sister." He claimed with all seriousness, sighing loudly in exaggeration, "When will I have the honor?"