45- XOXO

45

»XOXO«

Chanyeol was about to apologize most probably, his lips fallen agape, but one slight disturbance made him halt everything he had in mind.

"I didn't know the guards were so harsh here." The voice came from the direction of the en suite bathroom, perfectly suiting the person that had appeared in Paline barely thirty minutes ago. "Don't you want to return and be served by a better guard?"

And there he was again, his narrowed feline eyes glued to my face intensely, his lips silently curled into a smirk, one of confidence and mischief. His usual, unexpected attendance; Sir Xiumin would always surprise one at the most inappropriate moment, even when I still had lived in the palace in Hades he always had seemed right on my tracks, watching and observing and dissecting my every move and word. He'd bring ones rare words to his master, and his master's to all others that were not worth enough to speak to the Prince himself. Their permanent surveillance had used to be perverted, his heaping visits almost resembling Hermes's, who brought information to the everything beneath. Sadly, the news brought were, in most cases, rather negative from where I stood.

"Xiumin." My voice came out as something barely a whisper, overshadowed by the engulfing fear legible in my expression as I stared towards the man leaning against the doorframe and remaining on the threshold. His smirk deepened, his head simultaneously tilting in amusement as he detected Chanyeol's features dropping abruptly.

"What do you want?" The male next to me observed the culprit with narrowed eyes, trying to remain as calm as possible; strangely enough it was surprisingly easy to maintain ones consciousness due to the absence of any red Irace. The only one that made an appearance was the lilac one around my neck, gushing.

A chuckle from Xiumin's lips made my shoulders shudder. "Well.", he took a step closer towards us and put his hands into the pockets of his dress pants, "Here to deliver information and negotiate for my awfully busy master, to your service." He made a small bow, keeping his head low and peeking at me from underneath his lashes. "Your majesty."

Chanyeol let out a slight growl and took a protective step to my front. "Don't you dare come closer, you animal."

Once again, the man to our opposite side laughed. "People do tell me I have the eyes of a feline predator." He ceased his laughter in a matter of a few seconds, however, regaining a serious expression. "I didn't know you made the rules, Park. How about you take a step back instead, I came for her." He motioned his head towards me nonchalantly.

Chanyeol instinctively pushed me back by my arms, making my back collide with the wardrobe once again, the small noise making Xiumin cock his head to the side.

"Oh come on, I never intended to hurt heart and yet here you are doing it for me anyways." Xiumin averted his gaze to Chanyeol, shaking his head as if he was disappointed in a small child that made a stupid mistake for the ninth time.

His provocative behavior made Chanyeol fume in anger even more, imaginatively smoke should have been coming out of his nostrils. His body trembled in increasing aggression and decreasing patience. His voice was the perfect betrayal as he retorted Xiumin cocky remark, "People like you and not hurt her don't go well in one statement."

"People like you don't go well with the title of a guard." What Xiumin claimed was accompanied by an awfully sly and cunning smile. "So, who are you to speak? Besides, I came in peace." He motioned his hands around himself, making a small pirouette. "No Irace, no other weapons. Just my words."