37- My Dear Hades (Part Three)

37 - 3/3

»My Dear Hades«

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"Are you enjoying your stay?"

All throughout the time we have been seated in the secluded dining room for the guards, things have remained eerily silent. The guards of Hades didn't seem to know that we were enlightened with everything that regarded their master Baekhyun and his father, hence they acted as polite as never, diverging strongly from the image that Amathis and Sehun had painted of them in my head.

Jongdae's lips were curled into a small smile as he continued to place food on his plate carefully, while watching us from underneath his lashes.

Jongin put down the glass of cold water, from which he had previously drank to calm his nervousness. "Yes, thank you for having us here." He put on a small smile, knowing Jongin it was not one of pure honesty at this particular moment.

If I had never known about the things Xiumin, Jongdae and Kyungsoo did to Amathis in the past, I would have been satisfied to have their presence and laughed whole heartedly together with them. However having all of the intrigues and merely masked faces unveiled meant despising them with my guys and doing everything that lies in my possibilities to not have them repeat anything, or impede us from helping our people.

The one who still resembled the picture we had once developed in our minds the most was Xiumin. His movements were peculiar and his eyes seemed to glint darkly upon meeting mine or one of the other's at the most unexpected and unpredictable moments.

"So," It was one of those times; Xiumin spoke and had yet to glance at us from the corners of his eyes. "What has impressed you most during your stay here? I mean, besides the women of the Royal family." He turned his head towards Kyungsoo, who had plastered a mischievous smirk across his face as his friend spoke.

"Oh come on, we have to say Eden's Princesses are just as stunningly gorgeous." Kyungsoo enclosed the glass in front of him and lifted it up to clink it with Xiumin's who mimicked his actions in a matter of seconds before the faint clicking of glass ceased their chuckles.

I glanced at Tao, whose eyes were narrowed at the two amused men sharing stares, and cleared my throat audibly. "I must say every single person in this palace impressed me up to this point." Hidden in my movements of raising my glass and guiding it to Lay's next to me was sheer ridicule, enhanced by the slight angle of the corner of my mouth.

"I could not have said it better." Lay leaned back in his seat and eyed one of the men that was sat quietly in his seat since the beginning of the dinner. He seldom spoke, usually merely agreed to his friends and colleagues's statements, and kept eye contact with us short and just as rare as his words.

Kyungsoo noticed Lay's heavy and intense stare at the other man, therefore his hand quickly found its way to be placed on top of the latter's shoulder. He flinched at the sudden touch as his eyes were previously glued to his empty place, unconscious of his surroundings.
"Kris, you're unusually quiet today." Kyungsoo snarled, cocking his eyebrows up. "Cat got your tongue?"

I shivered as his name rolled of Kyungsoo's tongue slowly, as if to obviously emphasize the importance of it for one certain person. My eyes uncontrollably shifted towards Jongin, whose eyes were already glued to me, and I gulped down the growing discomfort in my throat.

The guy named Kris shook his head from left to right softly, his eyes remained gaping down on the table. "I apologize, I do not feel well." He bowed his head towards us.