41- No Crown (Part Two)

41

»No Crown«

There was only one category of events that made such a terrific void implode inside of me, and this category wore a royal title of an empire which I insulted in front of our entire empire. Only Baekhyun's evil and demoniacal words and mind games had even my cells shivering, and only his words could ever make my mind so horribly empty that one would need to break open my cranium to scratch the thoughts from the nerve fibers in my brain.
If I was to speak this very moment, one would have to tear at my vocal chords to bring any kind of sound across and whip my tongue with a whiplash to make me vocalize anything.

My heart stopped beating, my brain stopped functioning, the crowd remained silent. I scanned every single face, sweltering in fear of seeing his or any related face, but I did not find them. It were my very own people that gifted me with sickening and nerve wrecking silence.

"We can be stronger together, Amathis."

Sehun, could you feel the horrific fear spreading in my chest and robbing the oxygen I desperately absorbed through my nostrils? Could you feel that I was on the brink of loosing my sanity as if being controlled over again for the hundredth time? Could the citizen see in my eyes the fear of loss, and with the trembling my hands feel the nervousness as well? Could anyone even in the slightest way imagine that I was risking my life with what I was doing, not only my oh so fine reputation? I doubted it, and it resulted in utter silence and no single movement in the people's bodies.

"Don't you fret, Amathis. Have patience, be stronger than what you thought you can be."

Mother, I apologize for being so reckless. Father, I apologize for not being as strong as you told be and for not being capable of obtaining peace. Kyan, I am sorry you had to die because of me. I am sorry you all had to give your life in order for me to survive.

"You have been a member of our family for a long time already." "You're like my sister, the sister I never had."

Sehun, I am sorry I made such a fool of our entire family this very moment. Suho, I apologize you never had a chance to become the King of Eden and instead had to sacrifice everything just because of me. Solar, please forgive me for the many times you were forgotten amidst all the issues that revolved around me.

"Amathi— I mean, your highness."

Chanyeol, Tao, Jongin, Lay, I am sorry for endangering you countless of times.

"Why are you so weak, Amathis?"

Amathis, I apologize for not listening to my wit. I had never see death approaching me so threateningly like in this blink of an eye. 

My heart shook with surprise as a voice soon echoed through the entire area, blasting through the speakers that were connected to the microphone in the owner's hands. I felt like fainting, screaming, singing— my feelings ranked from content to negative ones, a variety of emotions spread out on the small of my face.

"Our highness Princess Amathis demands a reply to the question she voiced." The voice that had whispered calming words into my ears at times like these, a voice that calmed me with a mere sigh or exhale with lacing emotions in between. A voice that seemed surprisingly tranquil at a moment like this one. "I will be the first to answer her, and I wish for all of us to give their honest reply in the following moments."