Chapter 20: Fighting

He comes charging at me with full force. Our blades hit each other and I'm thrown backwards. I walk back slowly as he advances toward me swinging his saber to hit mine over and over again. When I have a chance, I take a shot at his torso. I barely miss. In my moment of vulnerability, he slices my arm open. I scream in pain but I know I have to keep fighting him. Our blades hit many times before I tire out and fall to the floor. He holds the tip of his saber to my throat. I'm stuck.

I take a deep breath in and hold it. I have to beat him. Not just for me but for Revan, for Falk, and for General Organa. I hit his blade away with mine and swing almost aimlessly until I hit his blade. I hit the walls a few times before I make contact with his saber. My left arm goes numb from the enormous gash that covers it.

While I advance and retreat down different hallways throughout the station, I spot an open door. I can get out of here and back onto a ship if the others haven't left. If they have though, I'm going die. I have no doubt. I back up and we carry our battle down the halls and toward the exit. We make our way down and we step out the door. I take this opportunity to bolt as far as I can away from him and toward where I remember our ships being. I run. I get faster and faster as I go. I trip over the snow a few times, but I pick myself back up and continue running. I look back and spot him running after me.

Suddenly, I hear a noise from above me. It's one of our x-wings. I fall into the snow. It comes down quickly and I can see Jess in the pilot's seat. She opens the hatch and I climb up as fast as I can. I get in quickly and she closes up so we can get the hell out of here. "Dayae, are you ok?"

"No. He beat me bad." I show her my arm.

"That looks bad. We'll get you fixed up as soon as we get back to the base. Don't worry. Poe is ok and almost back. Everyone is just waiting on you to come back now."

I nod. But then I can't feel anything after that besides my entire body going limp and my eyes closing shut.