Chapter 18: Infiltrating

We  come to a descent onto their base. The base is still under construction, so they don't have shields yet. It's still fully capable of destroying planets, but not entire systems yet. We're lucky. We get into the atmosphere and immediately get low. We need to stay unseen. There are only a few of us. They could catch us so easily otherwise. They might have already. We land in the forest of the snowy planet and take our time to breathe before we get out. "Alright, Dayae. Let's go get Poe back. Hopefully." Jess winks at me.

"Yeah." I sigh. "Hopefully." Poe could so easily be dead by now. I grab one of the boasters Jess put on board just in case. I'm pretty sure I'll use it.

Jess and I are the first ones out of our fighter. Nicomorri and Elias take a little more time to take off their bright orange suits than Jess did. They now have dark browns, greys and blacks on. It draws less attention. I, however, still wear my jacket that I was so kindly given. It's almost comforting.

The sound of snow crackles under our boots. We shiver from the cold. But we'll do anything to get Poe. Even freeze to death, which I doubt will happen. The other 3 carry their large blasters with both hands, but I keep my little one pointed up towards the sky just in case I have to suddenly shoot something.

We approach the metal structure that is their headquarters. We pin ourselves to the walls praying that no one will see us. I see a person go inside, but they don't seem to be in a First Order uniform and I know they're not a stormtrooper. "Stay here." I say to the rest of the group. "I'll be back in just a minute. Stay low." I keep my blaster pointed up as I run after the figure. I seek out the entrance that he went through. The door is shut and locked. I don't know how I'm going to get inside. I notice a loose bolt in the door. It is attached to a sheet of metal. I pull the bolt out, but I can't seem to unscrew the other 3. I remember that thing the general gave me. I pull it out of my belt. I look at it for a moment before pushing the only button I can seem to find on this thing. A long green light ignites with a clash. It looks like a blaster bolt, but it's controlled in this thing. Who knows what it is. I figure it works similarly to a blaster bolt as well. I try to cut open the door with this, and, much to my surprise, it works! I press the button again in hopes that it will turn it off and it does so. I tuck it away in my belt for safe keeping. I successfully made a doorway big enough for me to crawl through. I do so and find myself in a long hallway. I run the only way I can: forward. I run a fast as I can without making my footsteps too loud. As I approach a fork in the hall, I spot the person turning right. I follow them quietly until my foot hits a squeaky panel. The man turns around and I catch a glimpse of his face. It's Knoll. He takes his blaster out from his belt and begins shooting at me. He tries to run, but I run faster. He stops shooting which allows me to jump on top of him and tackle him to the floor. I pin his arms to the ground with my hands and hold his legs down with mine. "You traitor." I say. It's the only thing I can think of.

"You knew there were people like me in the resistance. There still are. We've pledged allegiance to the First Order. You should too."

"Give me one good reason I don't kill you right now."

"Because you need to find Poe. You would never be able to do that without someone that knows where he is."

"Why should I trust you to lead me to him?"

"I'll do anything for my life to be spared."

I grab both of his arms and pull his elbows together into my arm tucked against my body. I keep my other hand occupied by holding my blaster to his head. "Now where is Poe?"