Chapter 8: Uncovering

Ren personally drags me through the station, his rows of stormtroopers parting to he can keep to his path. He drags me down a dark hall that no one seems dare to go down. Ren throws the door open and pulls me down a walkway. He tosses me to my knees and I gaze up at the picture in front of me. A man. A man not really there, but visible. His face and body are almost transparent. He had scars all over his sunken in face. "Supreme Leader, the force. It's inside of this girl.

"Another one?" His aged voice asks slowly.

"Yes, but it is weak. Very weak. But it is there. More in her than in most.

"Who are you?" He asks only glancing down at me.

I'm too stunned with what I see to get up from my knees, much less answer his question.

He leans out of his throne and looks down at me. "Who are you?" He questions spreading out his words.

"She used to be a scavenger on Tatooine, Supreme Leader. She works for the Resistance now."

"How do you know it is with her?" He sits back down in his chair and looks directly at Ren.

"She resisted my tactics of getting information. I did the exact same thing on that other boy. It worked on him. I have the information I need from him. Her though." He looks back at me. At least, I think he is.  "She would not be cooperate no mapper how hard I pulled."

"Kylo Ren." The man says slowly.

"Yes Supreme Leader?" He replies.

"Take your mask off. Let her see you." I turn to look back at Ren. His mask clicks off and he slides the mask off of his head. What follows is a face that I will not soon be able to get the picture of out of my mind. The face of man who has almost killed me, my friends, and my love. And he actually did kill the one wise man who would ever help me. He drops the mask on the floor. His long, curly hair is stuck to his face with sweat.

"Is this what what you wanted her to see, Supreme Leader?" I breathe in deeply, fighting the urge to go and attack him. Make him pay for what he's done. But then it would be on my conscience instead of his.

"Do you have anything to say, scavenger girl?"

First of all, Mr. Supreme Leader, I'm not a scavenger anymore. "So this is the face of a killer. The one who killed his father and the only person to ever help me."

"It is." He replies almost choking up.

"You regret it, don't you?" I look into his eyes. His bare eyes. No mask.

He picks up his mask and comes over to me and grabs me back by the arm. The man in the throne goes away as he takes my arm. He pulls me down the same walkway and slams the door behind us. "How dare you?"

"How dare I what?"

"Bring those things up. They've been haunting me ever since they happened." I can tell he's struggling to breathe.

"How did you know Reven?" I question, softly.

"That discussion can be tabled for a later time." He pulls be back down the hall and to a door, his mask still off. He kicks the door open and I are a familiar vision. The plank with the restraints. The vision almost hurts. It brings back so many memories. Painful memories. He forces me towards the contraption straps me to the plank. We make eye contact one more time before he returns his mask to his face. He leaves the room. And leaves me stunned.