Chapter:13

I answer the door and see Josh. He's looking down so I can't see his face.

"Umm... Hi?" I say awkwardly.

"Can I talk to you? Please?" He says.

"Uh.. Yeah come on."

I lead Josh into the living room and we sit on opposite sides of the room.

We've been sitting here in silence for about five minute before Josh finally decides to speak.

"Claire I'm so sorry for what I did,I thought I wanted something else but I didn't. All I want is you and Olivia." A few tears start rolling down Josh's cheeks. "Please forgive me,I'm so sorry."

"I can't just forgive you like nothing happened. I trusted you to always be there for me and Liv but you left me when I needed you the most. I had to have our baby without you,I was so terrified because I didn't have you there with me." I say as tears start to fall from my eyes. I've missed Josh like crazy but he broke my trust so I can't just forgive him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being so stupid and leaving you. I feel horrible for everything I've done." He says between sobs. "Claire, I know you probably hate me but please don't keep me from seeing Olivia."

"I don't hate you and I'm not going to keep you from Liv." I say giving him a small smile.

I would never tell Josh he couldn't see Liv no matter what he's done.

"Thank you." He looks at me and gives me a small smile.

I notice Liv is awake so I pat the seat next to me on the couch. "Come meet our daughter."

Josh gets up and sits in the seat next to me. Once he sits down I get Olivia out of her swing and hand her to Josh.

"She's so little." He says nervously.

I giggle at his nervousness. "You don't have to be nervous,you won't hurt her." I say giving him a small smile.

I feel happy having Josh here.

"Gosh she's amazing. I'm so sorry for not coming back sooner." Josh says while looking at Liv with a look of awe.

I know I should probably be mad at Josh but I'm not,I am upset but I'm not mad. I hadn't realized how much I've missed having Josh around until he was back around me.

I lean over and give Josh a small kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for coming back."

For the rest of the day Josh and I just hang around talking and watching t.v.,Josh is going to stay with us if it's okay with mom. She doesn't know he's here yet but she'll find out soon,she sent me a text a few minutes ago letting me know she was on her way home and it only takes her about a fifteen minute drive to get home. I

'm sure she'll allow it but she is not going to be happy about it,she has made it very well known that she does not like Josh.

Josh fell asleep while we were watching t.v. which is probably a good thing,I can talk to mom before he wakes up.

About 10 minutes later I hear mom pull up so I run to the front door,I want to keep mom from seeing Josh before I say anything about him being here. I watch through the window for her but it's been about 5 minutes and I don't see her. I wait another minute before I realize she probably came in through the garage door that connects to the kitchen. Gosh I'm such an idiot sometimes. I run into the kitchen where I see mom getting stuff out for dinner. She hears me come in and turns to me.

"Hey sweetie,everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah everything is fine... I umm..need to talk to you."

"Okay. What do you need to talk about?"

"Joshishere." I say as fast as I can.

"Okay Claire you're going to have to slow it down." She says with a small laugh.

"Okay. Well we... Uh... We have company."

"Oh really? Who's here?"

"Josh."

"Why the hell is he here? I don't want him in my house." She says raising her voice.

"Mom I know you don't like him but please just let him stay for a couple days. He apologized for everything please let him stay for Liv." I say with a pleading look.

Mom stays silent.

"Please mom Liv needs him."

"Okay but only for a few days." she says.

I walk around the kitchen island and give mom a big hug. "Thank you so much." I say with a big smile.

"You're welcome." She says as I turn to go check on Josh and Liv.

I walk into the living room but it's empty Josh and Liv are gone. I turn back around and start looking for them.

I look everywhere downstairs but I don't find them so I go upstairs and start looking. I get outside of Liv's nursery and hear the faint sound of Josh talking on the other side of the door.

I open the door and see Josh sitting in the rocker in the corner with Liv.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"I woke up and then Olivia woke up and she started to cry because she needed a diaper change so I figured I'd find her room and change her."

"Oh thank you." I say with a smile.

"Where did you go? You just disappeared while I was asleep."

"I was talking with mom about you staying here. She said that you could."

Josh gives me a big smile. "Come on I'll show you where everything is."

He gets up and hands me Liv before he follows me out of the nursery I show him where everything is upstairs before we go downstairs. I decide to show him where everything is downstairs later he really only needs to know where the kitchen and living room are and he has already been in both so we just go back to the living room. 

************************************

I hope you liked this chapter.

Let me know what you think.-Kate