Chapter:11

We just got into town now we're looking for the baby store I my mom told me to go to.

It takes us about 10 minutes to find it, Becky pulls into the parking lot and we all get out and walk inside.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The sales lady said as soon as we stepped through the door.

"I'm looking for a crib, a changing table and a dresser."

"Right this way."

She led us over to where all the cribs and things are. "Let me know if y'all need help with any thing else." she said and then she turned and walked off.

We look around at all of the cribs for a while until I finally find one I like. It's a white crib with an attached changing table. We go and look at the dressers I pick out a small simple white one.

We go check out and put everything into the car.

We get in the car and head home.

Once we get home Aaron and Becky bring the crib and dresser inside. Aaron is going to build them tomorrow for now we just put them in an extra room while we move the furniture out of the guest room.

I'm carrying small things like decor into another room to store it while Aaron and Becky take the bigger furniture down to the basement.

I pick up a vase and a couple other things and start walking to the other room I get into the hallway when all of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my stomach followed by liquid running down my legs I drop the stuff i'm holding causing the vase to shatter.

I call out to Becky and her and Aaron come running back up the stairs from the basement.

"What's wrong!?" they both shout.

"I think my water broke." I say with panic.

"Aaron help her out to the car while I grab the stuff for the hospital." Becky says.

I had already had my hospital bag packed before I moved in with my mom so I just left it packed and next to my bedroom door for when I went into labor.

Aaron helps me out to the car and then runs around to the driver side and gets in. Becky comes running out of the house a few minutes later and gets into the back seat.

Aaron gets to the hospital as fast as he can. Once we get there they admit me and take me to my room and I change into a hospital gown and lay down in the bed Becky stays with me until my mom gets here about 20 minutes later.

Once I am dilated 10 centimeters the doctor tells me it's time to start pushing.

"Okay, on the count of three give me a big push." The doctor says encouragingly.

I squeeze my moms and and push as hard as I can.

"Good job Claire, I can see the baby's head, give me another big push on the count of three. 1,2,3 push!"

I push with all my might again.

"Okay Claire one more and it'll be over. Push!"