"Knowing the victim's schedule, you went ahead to place the chlorine and waited until she drinks because of thirst. Being in the heat this afternoon only assured the culprit's plan. She unknowingly drink this chlorine filled water. She couldn't have known it had this chemical since, from what Samekawa-san said earlier, she has neither sense of smell nor taste. And thus, killing Kanae-san."

Keibu-san stepped up and asked, "But Shinobu-kun, that doesn't explain much who the killer is between those two." I glanced at Samekawa-san, noting the tanlines on his body and almost gone eye bags. "Samekawa-san, you're a swimmer, too, aren't you? Or rather, a former swimmer." He flinched. "What are you implying, brat?"

"I'm saying that you're the murderer." I took step back when he practically growled at me. "What about this bxtch?! She has chlorine on her!" I faked an innocent look and said, "Ah~ but how did you know that, Samekawa-san? I haven't told anyone about it yet." Gotcha. He flinched and started looking everywhere BUT me. Am I that intimidating during my deductions? I... don't really think so.

"Kurahashi-san, he's trying to frame you, isn't he? You weren't actually alone in the restaurant, Samekawa-san had been there before me and my family arrived. I noticed the used tissue near the flower vase at the center of the table and there was still an unused one beside you. The only other person you know here is Samekawa-san since if I'm right, if it was Kanae-san, she wouldn't bother using it, correct?"

I saw the expression of relief on her face as she nodded, confirming my theory. "Samekawa-san probably forced you to hide the chlorine tablets inside your pockets." To confirm what I've said, Kurahashi-san pulled her pocket inside out. White dusts and chipped tablets fell from her pocket. All eyes averted to Samekawa-san as soon as it fell to the ground.

"Wh-Where's your proof?" I chuckled like the child that I am. "The swimsuit."

"S-Swimsuit?"

"The swimsuit she's holding right now is just recently released. It's called Hayai Hada or in English, 'Fast Skin'. This particular swimwear was designed similarly to a Shark's skin." When I told them this, their eyes slowly widened in realization. "Shark Skin’ in Japanese, is Same no kawa. Should I elaborate more, Samekawa-san?"

"Th-That's still not enough proof!" This time, I couldn't hold in the laughter. "Haha! You're quite a moron. Your fingerprints. They still must be on her bag. She did, after all, packed her own things, didn't she?" I leveled him a glare as silence ensued, the police waiting for him to confess his wrong doings. After a few moment of silence, a bitter smile graced his lips.

"I can't believe I was beaten by a kid." Sorry dude but I'm practically, technically older than you if you count my previous life. "You know, swimming is my passion. When that girl came into my life, I was actually happy. We trained and swam together. And then, despite the good times, fxckxing fate decided to be funny." I know, right? I'm supposed to be in nirvana right now and yet, I woke up in this world.

"That bxtch forced me to swim despite my shoulder injury. My father is an employee in her father's company and she threatened me by saying she'll tell her dad to fire my father. I had no choice but to swim. Because of that bxtch, I can't swim any longer. Swimming is my life, and she took it away from me." I watched him be taken by the police with a sad gaze, with Megure-keibu thanking me for a job well done.

I feel sorry for him, despite what he had done but that doesn't mean that murdering justifies his fury. Anger brings Hate. Hate leads to Murder. Murder leads to Revenge. Revenge brings Anger. Anger brings Hate. Hate leads to Murder. Murder leads to Revenge and the cycle goes on.

•°•°

"Shin-neechan, that was so cool! You were like Holmes and- and you solved the case as if it was nothing!" I went along with Shin, who was jumping up and down in joy. "Thank you, Shin." An arm slid around my shoulders and I instantly knew who it was when Shin scowled in annoyance. "Ah, but I helped Shino-chan, Shinichi-kun." Ran nodded her head, speaking to my little brother like a teacher would to a student.

"That's right, Shinichi. Ouji-san helped, too."

I silently snorted when Shin pouted, crossed his arms and turned away from Ran. "Pft, Ouji-san. It almost sound like Ojii-san." I slapped my hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. Oh my god, I slowly peered at Ouji-kun's face but gaped when he was just smiling. It was as if it didn't even bother him. "Kids! It's time for bed!" Agasa-hakase called out. Shin and Ran raced to our rooms, saying that loser has to buy the winner lunch at school.

I stopped for a second to tie my shoelaces when I noticed they were untied. "Shino-chan?"

"Go on, Ouji-kun. This won't take too long." He seemed skeptical and he looked like he didn't want to leave me but I gave him a stern look and he complied. He already rounded the corner when I finished tying my laces. I was about to go when suddenly —

BU-BUMP
BU-BUMP

— there it was again.

Somehow, someway or something, the temperature drastically decreased and the cold made me shiver. I slowly turned around, my palms sweating from nervousness, and when I fully turned around, I was face to face with that staff member.

"Hello." The way his smiled terrified me and the tone of his voice resembles that of the whispers in haunted places. I shakily replied with a "H-Hi" and I quickly shut my mouth.

BU-BUMP

"You should be in bed by now, young lady. It's already past midnight." If anything, his voice is also silky and suave that if it didn't resemble that creepy whispering voice, I would have gaped at him. I can't speak, as if my voice was taken from me. Like when Ursula took Ariel's voice from her in exchange for human legs.

I. Am. Terrified.

And what scares me most is I don't understand WHY I'm scared. "Do you need me to escort you?" I tried to speak, I really did but my voice is gone. My legs were trembling and my knees were about to gave out when a familiar presence and warmth hugged me from behind. "I came back because you took too long, Shino-chan."

"O-Ouji-kun..." My voice cracked out. My trembling ceased and I was glad I finally found my voice. I held onto Ouji-kun's arms around my neck, snuggling in his warmth and comfort. While I was doing this, I was unaware of their intense staring contest and how Ouji-kun was practically glaring at the staff member. "Come, I'll walk you to your room, Shino-chan."

A chuckle from the staff member echoed in the empty hallway while Ouji-kun walked me back, sending countless shivers down my spine. "It's nice to see you again, Noir." And his footsteps slowly echoed into nothingness.

Fear crept on my very being.

I hope I would never encounter that guy ever again.