24 . Stenches and Growls. (Zayden's POV)

Start from the beginning

But he didn't have to, because the most enticing scent I've ever sniffed gave me all the answers I needed.

No. This was a side effect of the silver.

There was no way in hell that she would actually come to save me. This had to be some witchcraft.

But the scent was undeniably hers, and was mixed with other scents, like she had tried to disguise it. Nothing really gets past your mate though.

The door opened and the bitch from earlier came in followed by another person who sported greasy hair with a mud caked face hidden under a gigantic cap. Her arms and legs were also covered with dirt and she wore a dirty guard's uniform. The same uniform which the guards her had been wearing. I have to admit that if I wasn't her mate, I wouldn't have recognized her in the costume. Speaking of costumes, I wondered how she would look in a nurse's outfit.

Fuck.
Not the time Zayden.

I shuffled on the ground to hide the now prominent tent in my pants. How was it that she could have this effect on me even while dressed as a hobo?

Refocusing on the situation at hand, I see that Ionora is stood by the door with her head down as if not wanting to show her face which was probably a good idea considering these people were out to get her. The bitch talks to the guards and gives a few instructions to Ionora to guard us. I notice her giving my mate a long hard look, as if not really believing the disguise and I hold my breath, hoping she wouldn't get caught. She was my only hope now. As well as her mother's.

To my relief, she leaves and we're alone in the room. I wait for the moment when we have a movie worthy reunion and we get caught in each other's gaze and then kiss. But that never comes. I look at her only to see that her faze was transfixed on her mother. Judging from the paleness of her face and the pain in her eyes at her mother's condition, I could say that she wasn't expecting to see her here. After about two minutes of just staring, I broke of the reunion.

What? I was being ignored here.
Besides, we're kinda prisoners surrounded by enemies. Not the place to have reunions.

Yes, I was jealous that she didn't look at me first. Not that I deserved any of her time. But shhhh.

"Ionora?"
I asked, prepared for any incoming attacks from her side. I wouldn't be surprised if I already had a knife sticking out my back. Courtesy my mate.

"I don't know who the fuck that is but quit talking before I stab you. " She snapped, looking like she wanted to chop my testicles. I only roll my eyes in return.

As I said, you could lie to everyone, but not your mate.

"I know it's you, Ionora. You might stink but you still smell the same to me. "
Shit. Did I just insult her? Good going, Zayden. Way to save your balls for the future.

"Well, too bad you recognized me. I would have loved to stab you. " She growled. She would definitely growl more often because I'm lovin it.

"You wouldn't do that. Not after you came this far to save me. " I reply sassily.
I really did have a death wish.

Within seconds, she had me pinned on the floor. If she didn't have a knife against my throat and she wasn't cutting off my air flow, I would've enjoyed our current position.

"You wouldn't. " I gasp out, gaping like a fish out of water.

"Try me. " She sneers, hey eyes filled with anger, challenge and lust(?).

"Kids, stop it."

Her mother fortunately stops her before she could murder me. These were the first words she had spoken since Ionora got here and this made her loosen her hold and let go. She gets and moves to her mother before which she kicked me PURPOSELY near my crotch and made me double over in pain. She then walks over to her mom and hugs her. Then they both begin crying, Ionora more aggressively. The princess wipes her daughter's tears and whispers something to her which only makes her cry more. There is so much crying here that my eyes begin to tear up too.

Just kidding.

Okay, maybe a little.
Before things got too embarrassing for me, I break up the teary moment, again.
Ionora glares at me and in return I give her a sheepish smile.

"Shouldn't we get out of here before they kill us? " I ask whilst struggling to get off the ground due to my hands being tied up. I manage to get up but my victory is short lived as I face plant on the floor.

"You're right" I hear and then she examines the chains and pulls out a bottle attached to her bracelet. As she puts a drop of the mysterious liquid in the chain, the princess and I watch amazed as the chain dissolves to almost nothing. Then she helps her mother up and watched her with a smile as she walks chain free after years. Her smile makes me smile. But the smile is short lived as I realize something.

"Hey! What about me? "
I demand.

"What about you? "

"Aren't you going to unchain me? " I enquire, pointing to the chains holding me captive with my eyes.
"I was. " I sigh in relief at her words. "But not anymore. " She finishes, making me gape at her in shock.

"What? Why not? " I blurt out, stupefied.

"Why should I? After all, you've been planning to use me as a sacrificial lamb in order to bait my so-called father, haven't you? " She almost shouts ,looking red with rage. I pale at her words caught between wanting to tell her how hot she looks and protecting our future children. The glare her mother was giving me made me choose the second option.

"W-wait. I can explain...... " I stutter out, not liking how two angry ladies were ganging up on me.

But before I could explain, the door bangs open and three people step in, two of which, I hated the most. Scratch that, I hate all three of them. The smirk on the man's face made me want to plummet his face repeatedly with a sledgehammer before throwing his body in the Dead Sea. But judging by the growl Ionora gave him when he entered, I had a feeling she would beat me to it.

Oh well. As long as it made her happy, I would let her kill him. Only if I get in a few punches though.

Jordan Zendale. You're so dead.

Once I get out of these chains, that is.

--------

A/N : I feel like Zayden and Ionora have exchanged personalities here. Like Zayden is so immature and Ionora is so confident. Don't you just love it when your character shows their true selves? I feel like a proud mother.

Please do vote and comment if you liked it. If you didn't, well, tell me why and maybe I could improve?

Thank you for taking your time and reading.
Have an awesome day/s.

-K ❤

Edited - 14/01/2019