Chapter 2

Perrie's POV

"Perrie, hurry up!" I heard Jesy yell from the living room.

"Okay, okay! I'm ready!" I yelled back as I went out of my room and walked towards her.

"We can't be late, Paul is on our asses." she said in a stern voice and I bit my lip trying to stifle my laugh.

"What do we have for today anyway?" I asked as I grab my bag and put my stuff inside.

"We have a meeting today. We need to discuss about the schedule, the release of your single and your first ever performance for it." she explained.

"Who's going to be there?" I asked again, walking towards the door.

"Well, the usual." she said as she follow me out.

"And Jade." she added and I halted in my tracks when I heard it.

"She'll be there?" I questioned with utter surprise.

"Yeah.. and Leigh too." she cheered as she walked right passed me and out the door.

"But... but why?" I whined as if I don't already know the answer. Oh no!

"Because she's your freaking choreographer, you dumbass! Of course, she'll be there." she answered scowling at me. 

"Come on, hurry. I want to see them already, I miss those two!" she beckons for me as I stood there by the door.

"Jeez Pez, I love you but you're so stupid.." I heard her mumble as I lock my front door. What?

"What did you just said?" I asked as I turn around and found her startled. Am I not suppose to hear that?

"Huh? Ugh, nothing. Come on, let's go!" she said a little too fast and bolted to the car. That's weird.

We got inside the car and soon drove off going to HQ. I am going to see her again. Oh my God! I am so doomed.

~~~

We arrived about ten minutes early, making Paul quite pleased. I poured myself a glass of water, chatting with Claud and Sam. The rest of the crew sat across from us on the conference table: Jesy and Paul; Adam Midgley, Dan Bartlett, and Charlie Puth, our album producers; Michelle, our publicist; some representatives from marketing and sales; and some others. None of the big bosses had arrived yet, which is odd.

I smiled slightly as Claud, Sam and Jesy debated about something, but I'm not really listening. Then the door swung open and Jade walked in, pausing in the doorway to survey the room, Leigh-Anne right behind her.

"Hey all." she rasped. Gosh! She's an attractive woman.

I probably wasn't the only person thinking along those lines as Claud stopped in mid-sentence, and the chatting producers fell silent. Her brown hair was held back in a loose braid, and a black spaghetti-strap top showed off toned arms and miles of gloriously tan skin. Her long legs were tightly covered in white jeans, a simple sandals showing her cute toes. Christ. Even her feet are beautiful.

"Ah, Jade. You are a sight, as always. Please, come sit with me." Charlie was the first to recover.

He stood and pulled out the chair next to him, bowing gallantly. I rolled my eyes, and when I looked back at Jade, she was watching me, a tiny smile twitching at the corners of her mouth. I felt a return smile curve up my lips. Damn, it was good to see her. And not just because she made my hormones sit up and beg - it was much more than that. I had genuinely missed her presence in my life; missed her smile, missed her voice, missed her teasing - missed her. And what the hell. Why not tell her? It was the friendly thing to do wasn't it? It didn't mean I wanted to strip her naked and eat caramel sundaes off of her stomach. Of course it didn't.

"Hey Jade, long time." I smiled shyly. "It's good to see you." I added.

"Perrie." she nodded at me, her mouth curling into her genuine smile. And I blushed. Goddammit!

"Yeah Jade, we haven't seen you in a while. Glad you made it." Jesy rumbled, drawing the room's attention away from me.

Jade walked around the table, ignoring the chair Charlie had pulled out, and slid into the chair next to me.

"Yup, here I am." she replied. You certainly are.

I took a sip of water from the glass in front of me, eyeing her while her attention was on Jesy. I choked as I swallowed, coughing until my eyes watered. Claud pounded heavily on my back in concern.

"Take it easy, you're gonna kill her." Jade said, laying a hand on my arm. Claud stopped thumping on me and Jade bent her worried face near my own.

"You okay, Perrie?" she asked.

"Yeah." I squeaked after a moment and nodded, too busy trying to breathe to react to her nearness.

"Hey Perrie, you alright there?" Paul asked.

"Yeah Paul, I'm good." I raised my head, giving Paul a watery smile.

I gave one final cough and blink rapidly. Crap. My throat felt raw, my head hurt, and I was extremely embarrassed. But on the bright side, Jade had her hand on my arm and was looking at me with concern... life could be worse.

"Water?" she took her hand off me and reached for my glass.

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled.

Coversation around us started up again as I sipped and swallowed cautiously.

"Hey." her voice was soft. I looked at her questioningly.

"It's good to see you too." she gave me a smile and bumped into my shoulder with her own.

"I missed yah." she continued. And her words made my heart beat double-time.

"Yeah?" I said with a stupid grin.

"Yeah." she replied.

The room fell silent as the big bosses walked in, along with some executive producers. I glanced over at Jade, who looked so calm and collected.

"Good morning, everyone!" Tulisa boomed.

A chorus of muted hellos welcomed the group as they settled into their places around the long table. Then the meeting started. As Jesy said earlier, we talked about the schedules for the upcoming release of my new single, the interviews and radio guestings, and the performance that I'll be doing the same time we'll going to release the song. That's were Jade butted in, saying that she'll have the choreography in no time and already have scheduled the rehearsals.

I glanced at her, watching her face, her lips moving and her white teeth showing as she talk to Paul. Jade was so beautiful, smart, and funny. I averted my gaze towards her shoulders, her tan skin glowing from the lights above us. Her slender arms that looked so thin but actually so strong. And then her tiny hands that I missed holding with mine. Her fingers... those skilled little fingers of hers. Jeez! Perrie, stop your thoughts! Perv! I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked down trying to hide it. I might never eat caramel sundaes off her stomach, but maybe I'd ask her to go for coffee sometime, or dinner, or go clubbing, just as friends. Because I realized that I sincerely liked Jade as a friend.

Soon, the meeting ended. We all said goodbyes and started walking towards the door. Jesy was giving me a summary of our schedules when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and found Jade smiling at me.

"See you, Edwards." she said with a smirk and then turned to Jesy to bid her goodbye.

Before I can process a word to reply to her, she turned around and walked out the door. What the hell? I scowled for a moment of confusion but then shrugged it off. I turned back to Jesy who was smiling like an idiot, then suddenly composing herself and went back to discussing our schedules. 

--

Hi! Soooo, how was it?😊 Please leave a comment, and vote if you liked this chapter. Thanks babes!💋💋💋

- R xx