Chapter 22

Jade's POV

"Stay." I whispered. I held her hand tightly, not allowing her to move any closer to the door.

"That's what I want." I added.

"What?" she asked, looking at me confused.

"You said you'll do anything I want." I said, louder now.

"I want you to stay. I want to hold you and fall asleep with you. When I wake up tomorrow, I want you to be the first thing I see." I pulled her hand gently, bringing her body close to mine.

"That's what I want... for starters." I looked into her eyes.

The anxiousness on her face faded away and she raised an eyebrow, twitching a smile at her lips.

"For starters?" Her thumb absently caressed the back of my hand, sending goose bumps on my skin.

"For starters." I agreed.

"Tomorrow, we'll see what happens." I lifted her hand and planted a kiss on it.

She smiled at me warmly.

~~~

A loud ringing near my ear snap me out of my sleep. I ignored it, hoping it will stop eventually, because that is what alarm clocks do, right? But it didn't stop. I opened my eyes, blinked a few times, and realized it was my phone ringing. When the noise continued, I forced myself to pick it up and answer.

"Good morning, hot tits." Leigh-Anne's voice resonated through the speaker.

"What?" I croaked.

"Why are you always grumpy in the morning?" she teased.

"Because... morning." I tried to reason, but I was too sleepy.

"Yeah yeah. Anyway, I called to remind you that you have a meeting this morning. This one is important so please, try not to be late." She said, as if waking up is easy.

"Uh-huh." I grumbled.

"I repeat, don't be late. Now, get up! I'll see you there." She replied and hang up.

I put my phone down and rolled onto my back, or at least tried to roll onto my back. I froze and busied my brain remembering why there was a warm body behind me and a gentle hand drawing circles under my shirt. Suddenly, I was torn between staying frozen to let the caresses continue and rolling over to confirm that Perrie was really here.

"Good morning." a low voice murmured in my ear and I closed my eyes at the rough, husky sound.

She dropped a kiss on a very sensitive place behind my ear, sending shivers through my body, and tightened her arm around me. I stroked the skin of her arm, lacing our fingers together and squeezing her hand tightly to my body before releasing it and slowly rolling over. She shifted a little to allow me some room, and I finally settled with my head on her bicep with our faces just inches apart.

"Good morning," I said softly, lifting a hand to trace the features of her face in wonder – her eyebrows, her cheeks, her jaw, her lips... God, she is so beautiful.

"I can't believe you're here," I whispered in amazement, rubbing the pad of my thumb along her lower lip.

She kissed my thumb and leaned in to brush her lips across mine gently, lingering for just a moment before pulling back.

"Thank you for letting me stay." She smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling.

I leaned in and brought our lips together softly as she had done, sucking gently on her lower lip, swiping lightly with my tongue.