『Warrior - Akaashi Keiji』

Start from the beginning

"Akaashi!" Bokuto exclaims, looking up from his helmet. "What are you doing here?"

Akaashi relays his message as Bokuto stares at him with his piercing, golden eyes.

"Are they sure about this?"

"I'm sure Their Majesty has a plan in mind." Akaashi assures him.

"Alright well, I will round up my troops and we will return soon. Thank you for coming, have a safe flight back! And tell Their Majesty to be safe too!" Bokuto calls to Akaashi before he takes off to return to the palace.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Your Majesty, are you sure your strategy is going to work? I fear that they will take advantage of us not fighting back to push forward and get stronger-" Akaashi begins, offering his insight into what you had planned.

"No, I'm not sure, actually." You cut him off before he can continue.

It is another night for discussing plans. You sit at the edge of your bed, Akaashi sits across from you in a silver chair.

"Your Majesty...?" He tilts his head slightly, staring into your eyes with concern in his own.

"Keiji, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to relinquish my kingdom to that scheming rooster-headed cat, but they're too strong. I don't know what happened to Karasuno when they were intercepted. King Sawamura still hasn't gotten back to me. For all I know, Kuroo could have persuaded the Grand King to be allied with him. To be frank with you Keiji, I'm scared."

Your sudden loss of composure startles Akaashi.

"Your Majesty..."

He opens his mouth trying to think of what to say, and closes it again. You take a breath, and apologize. "I'm sorry, that was too much. That wasn't very ruler-like of me, I don't mean to worry you-"

You're cut off by his lips on your own. Your eyes widen in surprise, and he breaks the kiss. The moonlight streaming through your window reveals the scarlet shade Akaashi's face as taken on.

"K-Kei-"

"I'm so sorry Your Majesty, I overstepped my boundaries, I didn't mean to. I didn't know what to do and that was all I could think of and-" He gets up to leave the room, avoiding eye contact with you.

Before he can get too far, you grab his wrist.

"Your Majesty...?"

"Keiji, stay here with me tonight. Please."

He gulps. "Your Majesty, I cannot-"

"Please."

After a moment of hesitation, Akaashi bows his head. "As you wish, Your Majesty."

"Thank you Keiji."

The next thing you know, you are laying with Akaashi at your side under the velvet sheets. You find yourself enveloped in Akaashi's wings as he holds you close to him. Almost immediately, you feel all your anxieties and fears slip away as you fall asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Your Majesty, Your Majesty! They're here!"

You jolt upright in bed upon hearing someone calling for you, Akaashi doing the same, alert.

Bokuto bursts into your chambers, panting. "Nekoma! They're here!" Noticing Akaashi, he raises his eyebrows in question. "Akaashi, you sly-"

"Now's not the time, General," Akaashi interrupts, quickly climbing out of bed and tidying himself up. "Where are they coming from?"