『For You - Oikawa Tooru』

Oikawa Tooru was what you might call famous in the little village that he lived in. His work and dedication to the magic arts had earned him the nickname as the Grand King of Magic, though he was hardly a king. Rather, he was a boy just trying to learn more about the other world that we call "magic".

Oikawa Tooru's quest to pursue more in magical arts started when he was merely ten years old. He was what his village called their "prodigy child", having discovered his talents at a young age, much younger than others capable of casting spells and performing other types of magic in the village. His life could've been considered sheltered, at least until the magic consumed his own parents and took them away from him. The mystery of how they died remained an unresolved issue and left Oikawa devastated. At a very young age, this boy was already left completely alone to fend for himself, save for the one person who helped him through everything and supported him. This person soon became his best friend, who was there to pick him off the ground and dust off the dirt that had collected all over this boy's life.

At least he was, until he too was taken away by the magic.

At ten years old, young Oikawa was taught that getting attached to others is something that only holds consequences in store for him, so he cut himself off from everyone else around him. He instead spent his time hiding away in his house reading up on the magic arts through books that had been left in his father's study at the house he had grown up in.

But now, Oikawa is eighteen years old, and he's grown up into a fine young man with heightened knowledge on the magic world. He has become more open to those around him, helping out the village in times of need, and going out to socialize during events. 

One in particular, was where he was able to meet (L/N) (F/N), who was still learning how to use their powers. That night, something about them intrigued Oikawa to the point where he could have sworn they were using some type of charm on him.

"Excuse me, but I'm going to have to ask you to halt your charm spell. It doesn't work on me." He initiates, coming up behind (Y/N), startling them.

"I'm sorry? I don't use charm magic? Heck, I can barely control my own." They tell him, once they recover from the slight shock.

"Is that so? Then, what if I taught you? I could show you the way to go and plus, I feel like I'm going to explode if I didn't. There's something about you that won't let me walk away unless I did."

They blush under his gaze, but perk up at the thought. "Will you really teach me? You, the Grand King?"

"Yes, of course."

"T-Thank you so much!" They exclaim, bowing as other onlookers watch the scene play out, murmuring among themselves.

"Yeah, don't mention it. Now," He takes their hand in his own. "Would you care to join me back at my own house? You can pick up your belongings and come by after," Without waiting for a response, he already makes his way back. "I'll be expecting you later."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fast forward to the present. Training under Oikawa has not only heightened (Y/N)'s powers, but with it, came the feelings of attachment that grew stronger everyday. 

He tries to get rid of them, to avoid getting too attached to (Y/N) before it was too late. Before something that was precious to him would get taken away once again. He sent them on dangerous tasks. He would be strict with them. But with every command and harsh mission he gave, they would give him the same response.

"For you, a thousand times over."

This is what frustrates him about his feelings. How (Y/N) was so willing to give into Oikawa's will, like it was nothing big to them. Like Oikawa was actually deemed of high importance to them, rather than the petty "king" that didn't like to form deep relationships with others. But at the same time, he appreciated it. It made him feel like he was living his young life once again surrounded by his parents and best friend.