『Names - Ukai Keishin』

Another day of working at Starbucks, another batch of regular customers. Ukai made it a point to be the barista that always remembers the regulars by their names.

"White chocolate mocha for Kuroo-san!"

"Dark roast for Ushijima-san!"

"Caramel frappuccino for Oikawa-san!"

This was the day by day, but there was always the black sheep in the herd.

"Welcome to Starbucks, can I take your order?" Ukai asks a new face.

"Yes, a (favorite drink) please."

"Alright, may I take your name?"

"Batman."

"Yes of course- Wait. Batman?" He stops in the middle of writing on the cup.

"Yes." They say with a straight face. "Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no not at all." Ukai continues writing 'Batman'. "Your order will be ready shortly."

"Thank you." 

They finish up the transaction of paying and 'Batman' stands off to the side to wait for their drink.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"(favorite drink) again, 'Batman'?"

The 'Batman' person has become a regular at this particular Starbucks. Every time they ordered, Ukai became more and more curious as to their real name. It soon became a mission to find out what their name really was.

"Say, do you have any other names besides 'Batman'?" He asks one day as he writes their alias on the cup.

"Yeah of course I do."

"Really? What is your real name then?" He leans forward in anticipation.

"Huh? I never said I'd tell you my real name. I just said I have other ones. Like Wonder Woman."

"Wow, you must really like superheroes."

"How could you tell?" They reply, sarcasm apparent in their tone.

Ukai laughs at this. "Well, I'll get your name one day."

"We'll see."

And so it began.

"Takeda-san," Ukai asks his co-worker some time later. "I'm about to go on my break, do you mind taking over?"

"Oh yeah, of course. Go take your break."

"Thanks, I knew I could count on you." He says, taking his apron off and walking to the back to store it away. Coming back out, he spots a familiar face ordering a drink.

"And your name, please?" Takeda asks.

"(L/-)," They begin, before making eye contact with Ukai. "Er, I mean Batman." They smirk as Ukai mutters a small 'dammit' under his breath.

"You won't get it that easily, Ukai-san." They taunt as they walk to the bar to wait for their order.

"And how come you're allowed to know mine?"

"Because you wear it on a name tag."

Ukai bursts into laughter. "You got me there."

"Hey you're on your break, right?" They ask suddenly. "How about we sit and chat for a bit? You actually seem kinda cool."

"Huh? Yeah sounds good," He accepts. "Also what's that supposed to mean? 'Actually cool'. I'm pretty cool."

"You'll have to prove that," They reply with a laugh.