『Special Oneshot - Masquerade』

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade--
Masquerade,
Hide your face so the world will never find you--

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ballrooms, lights, masks, music. Everything comes together to form the perfect celebration.

You put on your shining, (f/c) mask to match your (f/c) attire as you step inside the hall filled with the sounds of chatter, orchestrated melodies, and laughter.

Right away, you are greeted by a silverette behind the mask of a crow. He bows to you, offering a white gloved hand. "Shall we dance?"

Taking his hand, you grin as the two of you make your way to blend with the mass of dancing bodies. "Sugawara-kun, who did you come here with?"

"Daichi, of course. And how did you know it was me?" He asks, a hint of disappointment in his voice from being discovered so quickly.

"You're the only graceful person with silver hair that I know." You laugh as images of Bokuto and Haiba trying to dance come to your mind.

"My turn!"

As if on cue, you are swept away from Sugawara into the arms of someone much taller, donning a grey cat mask. "Hey, (L/N)-san! When are you coming back to Tokyo to hang out with us?"

"Hello there, Haiba-kun. Maybe sometime soon, don't worry." You greet him as you watch his smile under the half-faced mask light up.

"Lev, stop bothering (L/N)-san!" A rather short boy catches the first-year in the side with a roundhouse.

The two begin arguing, Haiba losing, and you walk away to see who else you can find. Making your way to the refreshments table, you begin to pour yourself a cup of water when a body bumps into you from behind, knocking you forward and spilling the water on the table. You look over, ready to yell at whoever it was, to see it was Nishinoya, who was now hastily apologizing.

"(L/N)-san I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

Shaking his head, his partner in crime walks over and smacks Noya in the back of the head. "How could you to this to them, Noya? They were just trying to get water!"

"It's alright, guys!" You try to reassure them, but they don't listen.

"Ryu, it was an accident I swear!" Tears begin to well up in Nishinoya's eyes as well as Tanaka's as he turns his back to his friend.

"Noya... I can't believe you would do something like that. How can you call yourself one of (L/N)-san's bodyguards?"

"Guys, really..." You laugh as their senseless bickering continues, and you walk away from them, letting them continue their business. Fixing your mask, you suddenly collide with another body in front of you. "A-Ah, I'm so sorry!"

The young man straightens up, fixing his black tie and readjusts his silver owl mask. "Ah it's okay- Ohoho?" He breaks into a grin at the sight of you.

"Ohohoho?"

Turning around to face the new voice's owner, you find yourself face to face with another man in a black cat mask. "Bokuto-kun? Kuroo-kun?"

"Hey hey hey, they guessed right!" Bokuto hooted from behind his mask.

"Hey, kitten," Kuroo greets you as he begins to lead you by the hand to become a part of the mass of dancing bodies around you, away from Bokuto. He places a hand on your hip and guides you in the dance. "How've you been?"