『Guardian - Aone Takanobu』

"(Y/N)-chan, the team got invited to go to a Halloween party this weekend by some guys in my class!" Your friend Futakuchi exclaimed, coming towards you with a paper in his hand.

"Oh cool! I hope you have fun, Kenji-kun!" You wished him, smiling.

"What do you mean?" Futakuchi put his hands on your shoulders. "You're coming too!"

"E-Eh?! But I'm not a part of the team!"

"You're our manager. That counts."

It was true, you were Date Tech's second year manager, so you were practically a part of the team. But you didn't even know these people that invited the volleyball team to the party! You hummed to yourself contemplating whether or not to accept the invitation.

"I'm going to try and get Aone to come." Futakuchi said suddenly, looking across the gym to see the tall middle blocker drinking water.

"S-Seriously? Him?" You didn't have anything against the boy, but he was a little scary. With a face that always seems like he's glaring and a height of 192 cm, it was not a surprise that he scared a lot of people, including you.

"Yeah, I'm trying to get him to be more social. He's actually a really nice guy if you get to know him." Futakuchi tried to explain.

"I know, I know... But still."

"It'll be fine, (Y/N)-chan."

"If you say so."

-time skip-

The weekend came, and you were deciding what to wear to the party. Busy with homework, you had no time beforehand to try and get something that would impress. You sighed to yourself, throwing clothes out of your closet and trying to match them to form a costume. Finally, you settled for just a plain black cat. You put on a black long-sleeved shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans complete with a pair of black boots, and a headband with cat ears. To add on, you drew whiskers on your face and put on some black gloves to be like paws. Digging in your closet, you found a clip on tail that you had used in previous years that you had been a cat.

You stared at yourself in the mirror for a few minutes admiring your last minute costume. 'Purrfect.' You smiled and checked the time on your phone. It was 7:30, and the party was supposed to start around 8, so you had plenty of time to wait before heading over with Futakuchi.

-time skip-

"Wow, Kenji-kun. You didn't tell me this many people were invited too." You gaped at the entrance of the house packed with people, strobe lights flashing and music pouring out. You turned to yout friend who was dressed up as a vampire, also surprised by the sheer numbers of people that had been at the party or were just arriving.

"Yeah, I didn't know this many people were invited. Sorry (Y/N)-chan," Futakuchi laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. "Say, I wonder if Aone is here yet? I told him to wait for me outside of the house."

You turned to look at him, but was surprised by something you saw behind him. "K-Kenji-kun..." You whispered trembling as the shadow you saw behind your friend began to loom over him more. He tilted his head to the side, asking you silently what you were freaking about, so you pointed your finger at the figure behind him.

Slowly turning his head around, Futakuchi gulped, a little scared of what he might encounter.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a face. "Boo."

You and Futakuchi shrieked in unison, causing people all around in the same yard to turn their heads to look at the two of you.

"A-Ah, I'm sorry..." Apologized a quiet voice that belonged to the silhouette that stepped into the light. It was none other than Aone Takanobu. He was dressed in apparel that seemed like it was to make him look like a ghost.

Futakuchi straightened up his clothes and slapped his hand on Aone's arm. "God, Aone, don't scare us like that!" He looked down at you trembling, still in shock from the sudden scare. "See, you broke poor (Y/N)-chan!"

"Sorry..." The giant bowed, apologizing to you. It was strange for you to hear his voice since he barely ever spoke, but it was just his nature of being soft-spoken.

"Th-That's quite alright, Aone-kun," You said, snapping out of your shock. "Well then, shall we go inside?" You offered.

"Yeah, sure." Futakuchi agreed, Aone only nodding his head in return.

The three of you walked in the house pulsing with music, multi-colored lights, and people dressed in costumes. Somehow, you got separated from the two boys you were with, and you stumbled along trying to get to a clear place where you could locate them. "Damn this short height of mine," You cursed. "I can't see anyone."

On the bright side, you were right next to the fruit punch table, so you decided to get some for yourself to quench your thirst. Upon beginning to pour your drink, you heard a voice behind you. You weren't sure who it was, and all you knew from it was that it belonged to a boy.

"Hey, little kitty. Wanna hang out with us tonight~?"

You turned to see who the voice belonged to, and it was a guy with two other boys on his sides. He was smirking at you, waiting for your answer. "I'm not interested."

"Oh come on, kitten. Don't be like that." The mysterious boy reached towards you to pull you close to him by your hips, but you smacked his hands away.

"I told you, I'm not interested," You growled at him, getting irritated by his persistent attitude. He was one of the kinds of people you hated. "Leave me alone now."

"You've gotta be joking, right?"

Suddenly, your vision of the trash who was harassing you was blocked, instead replaced by a wide body standing in front of you. "She said leave her alone, so leave her alone already." You heard a low voice say, obviously coming from the body in front of you. You looked up and saw the short mess of white hair on the figure's head.

"Tch, wh-whatever. Y-You don't scare me, big guy." The boy said, as he and his group started walking away, shaking a bit.

"Aone-kun?" You asked, Aone turning around to face you after making sure those guys left. "Wow, thanks. I never imagined you'd be the type to save people. Thanks for being my hero."

The tall boy only nodded at you in response, turning a little red in the face with embarrassment at being called a hero.

"So this is where you ran off to!" Futakuchi exclaimed with open arms. "Man, I've been looking all over for you guys. So, whatcha doing all alone with Aone, hmmm?" He teased.

You blushed slightly. "N-Nothing! He just... Aone-kun just helped me fend off some annoying guys harassing me." You explained.

"That it, huh? So Aone is like your protector now then, right big guy?" He asked, looking at the middle blocker.

Aone said nothing, but instead looked to the side away from you embarrassed.

"Aone-kun, will you be my guardian for the rest of the night please?" You asked him, maybe hoping to get closer to him this way. You realized from tonight that he actually wasn't as bad as you thought he was. When he nodded his head slowly to agree, you beamed at him. "Thanks, Aone-kun." You spent the rest of the night, not separated from the group now, with Futakuchi and Aone, and no one dared to bother you know that you had the scary-looking but gentle giant by your side to protect you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayyyy it's been awhile since I last updated this wow sorry. I've been so busy with school lately so I don't really get many chances to just sit down and write a bunch. Also, this was actually requested by someone from my Quotev! (It's the same thing as here btw if you want to follow me on there too) Halloween party scenario bc it's almost Halloween! Is anyone else going to be dressing up and doing stuff? I'm going to be Alice from Alice in Wonderland, so that'll be fun. Whelp, wishing everyone a good rest of their week. I'm trying not to die so here's proof that I'm still alive and well.