Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Alan

       If there was one thing I hated about being a triplet, it was the fact that I couldn't handle seeing Nolan in so much pain. Triplets had a special bond that no regular siblings had, so it was really hard for me to see Nolan struggling with something as small as a midterm.

       To make things worse, it was something he really shouldn't be stressing out over. He was already getting high grades in the class and he knew everything that was going to be on the midterm. 

       I just couldn't wait for it to be over so he wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

       "Nolan, I'm telling you, it's going to be a breeze for you," I said as we were in class, five minutes before the midterm was going to begin. "In fact, you're probably going to do better than me and I studied more."

       "You don't know that," Nolan said. "There could be trick questions or something we didn't even go over or...."

        "Nolan," I interrupted. "There isn't going to be any trick questions, and there definitely won't be anything we didn't go over. You're going to do fine."

       "That's east for you to say," Nolan said.

       "Yes, it is, because I know you've got this," I said. "I know you're probably going to ace it without even trying, so please stop stressing out over this."

       Nolan sighed and rested his head on the table.

       "Does this have to do with anything about Jerome?" I asked.

       "Yes," Nolan said. "I miss him."

       "Then ask him to come back," I said. I know I told Jerome that he shouldn't worry and just enjoy his stay in Montreal, but that was before Nolan started acting a lot more stressed out.

       "No, that's not fair for him," Nolan said. "He can't revolve his whole life around me."

       "He can when you're his husband and you have a really bad anxiety disorder," I pointed out.

       "I promise I'll be fine," Nolan said.

       "You keep saying that, but nobody believes you," I said. "We all know you very well, especially me. If you miss Jerome, call him and ask him to come back. He will in the blink of an eye, you know he will."

       Nolan shook his head and I sighed. He just had to be stubborn at times.

       The midterm began as soon as the professor walked into the classroom. I wish I was more worried about it than Nolan was, which would have made a lot more sense considering Nolan got the brains out of us triplets.

       I ended up winging most of the midterm, writing the most random things that I hoped resembled the answer the professor was looking for. Nolan was still working on the midterm by the time I finished and he looked like he was really struggling.

       I waited outside in the hallway for him. He didn't even finished until five minutes before the midterm was over, no matter how many questions you had left. He walked outside and sighed. "I did horrible," he said. "I couldn't remember anything."

       "Nolan, I sure you did fine," I said.

       "I doubt it," he muttered. "I'm going to go out to clear my mind. I'll be back at home soon."

       "Okay," I said.

       We went in separate directions and I walked back to Nolan's house with the spare key. I honestly wished I lived here instead of at home. William was such a clingy brother and followed me everywhere I went. I was surprised William didn't follow me here.

       I was exhausted from using my brain power to focus on the midterm, so I laid down on the couch for a nap. 

       As soon as I woke up, I checked the time on my phone. Seven o'clock. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking around the house. Nolan wasn't here, and he rarely spent time in his bedroom unless he was sleeping.

       I got up from the couch and headed to the stairs. "Nolan, are you here?!" I called. There was no reply, so I went upstairs to check to see if he was sleeping. He wasn't there, and there was no sign that he even was here.

       I went back downstairs and grabbed my cell phone off of the coffee table to call Nolan's cell phone, but he didn't answer. Where was he? He hated being outside of the house, especially by himself. So why would he be out for three hours? And where would he be?

       I tired calling him a few more times, but he didn't answer, so I sent him a few texts. Still no answer.

       There was a knock on the door, so I walked over and looked through the peephole. Found him.

       I unlocked the door and opened it. "Where were you?" I asked. "And why did you knock? This is your house."

       "Oh, I tried unlocking the door, buuuuuuut I couldn't get the key in," Nolan asked.

       No.

       No way.

       Innocent and pure Nolan was drunk.

       I sighed and opened the door wider, so Nolan walked in but he stumbled a bit. "Whoa, this floor is so uneven," he said. "Who built this house? I could have fallen and broken something."

       "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not the floor that's making you stumble," I said before grabbing his arm and leading him to the living room" Go lay down."

       "Am I a dog now?" Nolan asked. "I don't like dogs."

       "You have a pet dog," I said.

       "No, he's a unicorn."

       "He doesn't have a horn."

       "He does. He's a unicorn in disguise. His horn is hidden."

       "How can you hide a horn?"

       "Invisibility, duh. He has magical powers. Just ask him. Actually, don't. He doesn't speak human. Only barks."

       "Bark isn't a language."

       "You wouldn't know that."

       "Okay, you need to go to bed."

       "It's too early."

       "Then nap."

       "It's too late."

       "It's never too late to nap."

       "It is for me. I can't nap past....what time is it?"

       "Eight."

       "I can't nap past eight."

       "Well, I lied. It's actually seven, so you can nap."

       "I lied too. I can't nap past eight."

       I sighed. This was going to be tough to deal with.

       "Nolan," I said. "Please, just have a short nap, okay?"

       "I can't."

       "Why not?"

       "Because Jerome isn't here."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What does Jerome have to do wi--"

       "I miss Jerome."

       "I know you do," I said. "He'll be back in Miami soon."

________________

YAS DRUNK CHARACTERS. WOOT WOOT. I love it when the Princes are drunk, but on one can top drunk Grayson. <3

I think you're really going to like the next chapter. <3

And I'm still wanting to put Jerome and Nolan on a reality TV show competition for vloggers. I'm imagining so much of it already. :D Doing that will probably end up making this book very long, because they still have to go on their honeymoon in WHISTLER AKA THE PLACE IM IN RIGHT NOW. It's my last day here though. :/