Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Nolan

       The first thing Jerome and I did when we got back to Miami was head over to Ryder and Mae's apartment. They offered to watch Snowball while we were in New York for VidGalore Con and I really missed that little dog.

       As soon as Ryder opened the door for us, Snowball ran over and began barking happily. I smiled and bent down to pick him up and he began licking my face. "Yeah, I missed you too, Snowball."

       "You know what I should get as a payment for watching your dog?" Ryder asked.

       "Bacon?"

       "Well, I was going to say help to convince Mae that we should have a baby, but yeah, bacon works too."

       Mae sighed. "I swear, I am so close to moving out. Jerome, is there an extra room at your place?"

       "There is indeed," Jerome said.

       "I wouldn't move in though if I were you," I said to Mae. "There's only one washroom with a shower, and he takes forever in there."

       "Only because I want you to join me."

       "Oh, gross," Ryder said. "That's my brother, Jerome. I don't want to hear that."

       "Yeah? Well, I had to listen to you talk about the baby-making process all the time when I was living with you and Mae. Now that was torture."

       "Well, you're not related to any of us, so it wasn't that gross. Nolan is my little brother and I don't want to listen to....what you just said."

       Jerome just shrugged. "Yeah, well Nolan and I have to go back to our penthouse to film a video."

       "Yes, we get it, you live in a penthouse," Ryder said. "I don't care."

       "You totally care."

       "Whatever."

       Jerome and I left before heading back to the penthouse, which was in the same building because I think if it wasn't, Jerome was going to have separation issues from Ryder and Mae.

       When we got inside, all we did was put our suitcases in our bedroom before Jerome went to go set up the video for today. I placed Snowball on the ground and grabbed a bag of chips and poured two glasses of lemonade before bringing them to the filming area.

       Snowball came back over to me and hopped onto the couch as soon as I sat down before sitting on my lap. 

       When the camera was ready, Jerome sat down beside me, then made the camera start recording. "What's up, Jeromans? I am here with my lovely fiance, Nolan, and our special guest, Snowball."

       "We just came back from VidGalore Con, so he really missed us," I said. "Mostly me, but Jerome too."

       "What? No, he missed me the most," Jerome said, before gently taking Snowball from my lap. After Snowball was sitting in Jerome's lap, he looked over at me then got up and sat back down in my lap. "Well, that's rude."

       "I'm just so lovable," I said.

       "I can't argue with that," Jerome said, giving me a smile and I smiled back. He then looked back at the camera. "So, today's video is a highly requested one, though I don't know why because I'm almost as lovable as Nolan. Today's video is Reacting to Hate Comments 2.0. So, Nolan is going to read some hate comments for me, and I'll be reacting to them."