Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jerome

       Summer went by too fast in my opinion. Before I knew it, it was back to school. On the bright side, after the three years we had been together, Nolan and I were finally going to be attending the same school.

       Only for a bit because it was my last two terms at the university, but it was better than never attending the same school.

       We even had two of the same classes. I made sure to wait until my final year to take the easy classes so I wouldn't be too stressed at the end of my university education.

       Mae, Ryder, Alan, and Orchid were also in the class we had today, so that was going to be fun. It was even better that it was a professor Mae, Ryder, and I already had.

       Professor Drinkwell was always being corrected by Ryder, and he hated it. I think Ryder only took the class just so he could correct the professor.

       Just wait for the Professor's reaction when he learned three of Ryder's siblings were going to be in the class.

       Nolan and I got to the school shortly before the class began, and we got to the class right as Ryder and Mae were walking in. "Hey, Professor Drinkwell," Ryder said.

       Professor Drinkwell looked over at Ryder and sighed. "I was hoping it wasn't you on the list."

       "Oh, come on, I'm the one and only Ryder Prince," Ryder said.

       "Yes, unfortunately," he said. "Quick question, do you have any other siblings? Because there are three other students in this class with the last name."

       "That's a possibility, yes," Ryder said.

       "Don't worry, they're not as bad as Ryder," Mae said, which made Ryder glare at him. "What? You correct all your professors. I'm pretty sure the triplets won't do that."

       "Triplets?" Professor Drinkwell asked. "Related to Ryder? I think I might retire."

       "Trust me, they're not that bad," I said. "Two of them, maybe, but not as bad as Ryder."

       "Hey, I'm not that bad," Ryder said. "I just....offer some constructive criticism."

       "Yes, you're smart, we get it," I said.

       Ryder just shrugged and looked at the professor. "I promise I won't correct you this year. Mae's making me not correct my professors, so I'll have to try."

       "Please do," Professor Drinkwell said.

       The four of us walked to the far side of the room and sat down with Ryder and Mae at one table, and me and Nolan at the other. Alan and Orchid showed up soon after, bickering like crazy before they sat down in the seats behind us.

       Nolan turned around in his seat. "What are you two arguing about?"

       "Oh, just how Alan was in the washroom for an hour and a half," Orchid said. "I had to get ready, but he was taking forever, so he got mad that I took forever afterwards because we have to share the car so he couldn't leave until I was ready."

       "Yeah, you're lucky we got here in time," Alan said.

       "We would have been here a lot sooner if you weren't the one taking forever," Orchid said. "At least I took less time than you did."

       Alan glared at Orchid before looking at me. "Jerome, want to switch spots with me?" he asked. "I'd rather sit with my nicer triplet."

       "Sorry, but I'm pretty sure Nolan would rather sit with me than you," I said.

       "Actually, I'd rather sit with Orchid," Nolan said.

       "Ha ha," Orchid said. "Don't switch spots, though. Alan sitting beside me is bothering him, so I want him to be bothered."

       "Whatever," Alan said.

       An argument well lost.

       At one o'clock, the class started so Professor Drinkwell stood up at the front of his class. "Welcome, everyone, to English 1202. The first thing I want you all to do is talk to the person beside you and get to know them if you already don't. In five minutes, you're going to have to introduce the person beside you by saying their name, their major, and any other facts."

       I turned to face Nolan. "So, person I do not know, what ever is your name?"

       "I don't know," Nolan said. "I think my name might be Leo."

       "Isn't that your middle name?"

       "How would you know what if you don't know me?"

       "....Don't be smart with me," I said. Nolan just shrugged. "So, let's see how well I know you. You're name is Nolan. You're majoring in creative writing. You have so many brothers and sisters. You're engaged. Your birthday is in December...."

       "Wrong. My birthday is in September. I changed it."

       "Ha ha. You're so funny. Now go. See if you know me."

       "I totally don't know that your name is Jerome. You're majoring in dance. You're very famous on VidGalore. You got dumped today...."

       "Wait, what?"

       "I'm kidding."

       "Yeah, you better be."

       Nolan and I just talked for the five minutes since we already knew each other well enough to introduce each other to the class.

       When the five minutes were up, Ryder and Mae were up first. 

       And Ryder just had to say that Mae wouldn't let them have a baby.

       Poor Mae having to put up with him.

       It was okay, because Mae got revenge by saying Ryder was a know-it-all and annoying husband who wouldn't let it go.

       Shots fired.

       Then it was me and Nolan, so I stood up first. "So, this is Nolan and he's majoring in creative writing. He has, uh....Hold on let me count...." I mentally counted all the siblings he had. I always had to do that. "Six, soon to be seven, siblings and he's a triplet. The cutest one if I do say so myself because his eyes are just....so blue. He's engaged to a pretty awesome person. Just saying. And....what else? Oh, he has a pet dog name Snowball because he's really fluffy."

       I sat down and Nolan stood up. "This is Jerome and he's majoring in dance. He's pretty famous on the video platform VidGalore. He's an only child and was born in Seychelles before moving to Canada and growing up there, then moving here when he was seventeen. He competes in a lot of dance competition and the studio he's in wins quite a bit. He's engaged and....He has traveled a lot because of his dance competitions."

       "My name on VidGalore is JeromeRoyVlogs," I said. "You should all subscribe."

       "Oh, and he has no shame promoting himself," Nolan said before sitting down.

       That's right, I don't.

_______________

Yes Nolan, you major in creative writing. You make me proud. :D

Omg guys what Jerome is going to do for one of his videos? SONG LYRIC PRANK. He's going to text people on his contact list song lyrics to see their reaction. cx Comment song ideas and who he should text it to. (i already know what he's going to text nolan lol.)

Annnnnnnd there will be a lot of time skips SO WE CAN GET TO THE WEDDING because all the drama and stuff happens after the wedding. And during. And I just want them to be married yay. :D