Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Nolan

       I thought I would be fine with my husband being in another country for a week. It didn't seem to hard since we were still in the same time zone, so we didn't have to plan out when to talk.

       I didn't think about all the other factors of not having him with me.

       I wasn't falling asleep with him beside me in bed, I wasn't waking up to him annoying me or kissing me, I wasn't walking with him to school.

       I was missing him a lot and Jerome has only been gone for two days.

       I wasn't the only one missing him. Blizzard was missing Jerome a whole lot. He was constantly pawing on our bedroom door when I wasn't in it, thinking that Jerome was in there.

       I felt Blizzard's pain on a spiritual level.

       "If you're really missing Jerome, why don't you ask if he can come back?" Alan asked me. I was currently working on a piece of flash fiction for my creative writing class while Alan was playing video games. That was what he spent most of his time doing when he wasn't doing any of his schoolwork or studying.

       "I don't miss him," I lied.

       "Yeah, right," Alan said with a snort. "You two have been so dependent for such a long time."

       "Exactly," I said. "I love him, but we have been so dependent on each other, so it's nice for us to be separated. It's only a week. It's not too long, and I am doing perfectly fine."

       "Dude, I'm your triplet," Alan said. "We shared a womb together. I know when you're lying. You are not doing fine."

       I sighed. "It's just hard not doing something I got so used to. Falling asleep with him, waking up with him, kissing him every morning and night. But overall, I'm doing just fine. We talked both nights anyway, so it's not like I'm completely missing him. Just his presence."

       "Aww, true love," Alan said. "So sweet and pure. Makes me want to barf."

       "You'll find someone soon," I said. "Our family is blessed with love."

       Alan just glared at me. "Thanks for rubbing it in."

       "What?"

       "You're married, Orchid has a boyfriend, and I'm older than the both of you."

       "Yeah, by a few minutes."

       "I'm still older. I'm eighteen and I've never had a girlfriend."

       "Then look for a boyfriend."

       Alan grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. "No."

       "I'm just trying to help."

       "No."

       "Alright."

       My phone got a text message, so I grabbed it off the table and looked at it. Jerome was asking if I was free to talk, so I told him I was, then he said he wanted to video chat. I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen with my laptop, sitting down at one of the bar stools.

       It wasn't long before the request appeared on the screen, so I accepted it. "Hey, hubby," Jerome said when his face appeared on the screen. "How are you?"

       "I'm good," I said. "I miss you."

       "I miss you too," Jerome said. "I woke up with the intention of bugging you, but you weren't beside me. It was weird."

       "I'm glad the first thing you thought when you woke up was to bug me," I said.

       "It's because I love you," Jerome said. "There's something I actually have to tell you."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is everything okay?"

       "Yeah," Jerome said. "At least, I hope so. Just today my dad told me that he actually has a girlfriend and she'll be coming to the first part of the reunion tomorrow."

       "Really?" I asked. "Didn't your parents just get a divorce?"

       "Yeah, but my dad said he has known her for a while," he said. "I'm just worried about what she'll be like and if....if she'll support me or not."

       "I think she will," I said, which made Jerome furrow her eyebrows. "Jerome, you have to remember that the reason why your parents got a divorce was because your mom wasn't supporting you. She told your dad to choose between you and her, and he chose you."

       "I know," Jerome said. "But....I don't know, I got so used to my dad not supporting me that I'm worried his new girlfriend will reflect who he was before he chose to support me. I'm probably stressing out over nothing."

       "No, definitely not," I said. "Trust me, I worry about the way people think about me all the time. It's natural for us to worry about it."

       "It shouldn't be natural for us," Jerome said. "We're human too and people shouldn't hate us just because of the person we love."

       "Tell me about it," I said.

       "At least you have love!" Alan called from his spot on the couch. "Some of us are forever alone!"

       "Not everyone finds their true love at a young age, Alan!" I called back.

       "You were fourteen!" Alan said.

       "So?!"

       "Mom and Dad were seventeen and eighteen! Ryder was seventeen! Orchid was six!"

       "Six?" Jerome asked.

       "Yeah, she first me Atticus when we were six and went to a ski lodge with our family," I said. 

       "See?! All very young!" Alan said.

       "Get over it!"

       "That's easy for you to say! You're married!"

       "I love you, Alan!"

       "I love me, too!"

       "Well, that's harsh," I said before looking back at Jerome. "Did your dad say anything about his girlfriend yet? What her name is, what she's like?"

       "He didn't tell me her name, come to think of it," Jerome said. "But he said that she's a really nice woman. He didn't say too much. That makes me feel even more worried that she won't agree with who I am."

       "Don't worry too much," I said. "Your dad wants to fix your relationship, so I doubt he's going to date someone that will treat you like your mom does. You're his son after all."

       "Yeah, I guess," Jerome said. "I actually have to go. Some members from my old dance team wants us to hang out. Please call me if anything goes wrong."

       "I will," I said. "I love you, Jerome."

       "I love you too, Nolan."

_________________

Lol I'm so tired. I can never sleep when it's so light in the room, and it was light at like four in the morning. cx OH WELL.

I've been watching cooking shows, and now I'm in the mood to start getting into baking fancy cakes. cx