Buddies

Dude

"Hey, dude, do you have a pen I could borrow?" Camila asks, turning around to face Lauren sat behind her who just quirks an eyebrow.

"No," She says without missing a beat.

"O...Kay."

* * *

"We're all thinking about hanging out at my house after school today. Do you want to come by?" The brunette asks, smiling over at her friend.

"What are we doing?" Lauren asks. They're at their second hour now and they both share it with Dinah and Normani.

"I don't know. Make pizza and probably watch a film?"

"Well, do I get to pick what we watch?"

"What? No!" Camila says, still traumatized from the last movie they had at Brad's.

"I totally agree with Camila," Dinah says and shakes his head a bit. "No more horror flicks."

"Then I'm not going," The green-eyed beauty states simply and Camila can't help but smile a bit and admire her.

"Dude, come on! I know you'll end up coming anyway!"

Lauren only answers with a blank stare.

"I'm guessing that's a yes, then? So... You're coming?" Camila asks with a small smile, watching Lauren because she knows it won't take long for her companion to crack a grin and then swat at her chest. "Ow!"

* * *

"Four cups of flour," Lauren reads as she sits by the ledge of the steps and crosses her ankles.

"Four cups of flour," Ally repeats as she dumps about five in a bowl.

"Eight ounces of water."

"Okay!"

"Hey!" Camila says, looking at the two. "You can't... I know what you're doing!"

Lauren quirks an eyebrow. "What am I doing?"

"You know what! You can't just... We're trying to make pizzas, dude, you can't make up inaccurate measurements! That'll mess us up!"

Everyone thinks a vein just popped on Lauren's forehead as she stomps over to grab at Camila's wrist. She grips tight and marches up the Cabello stairs to her room.

* * *

"Dammit, Camila, I don't appreciate you doing that!" Lauren says after a long while of being alone with Camila in her room.

"Appreciate what? What did I do?" Camila asks, bewildered.

"You... Pretending that we're all buddy-buddy!" The raven wonder exclaims, her arms flailing around as she paces about the Latina's room.

"But... We're friends—"

"We're not friends!" Lauren interrupts, looking at Camila with a glare. "You know that."

"I know that," She replies in a soft tone as she watches her companion have a bit of an inner turmoil. She's conflicted and Camila knows that all she has to do is leave Lauren be and have her sort things out herself.

"It's more than that," Lauren finally says in a frustrated tone as she crosses her arms and looks up at Camila.

"It's more than that," Camila answers simply as she reaches over to hold onto Lauren's hips. She pulls her over, just a little closer. "So... What are we, then? We agreed to keep things quiet about us being make out buddies and—"