"Do you want to stay with me completely?" I asked suddenly and he shook his head.

"I will go and meet Lakshmi." He said getting up and walked away.

"So, this is your final decision?" Ali asked and I glanced up before getting up from the couch.

"These few days I thought about your words too much. I am still feeling the sting thinking about the reason you married me. But I don't have any regrets because the result was Harsha. However, I wish you never returned. Then again, I would have stuck myself to your name may be life long. I wish so many things didn't happen, but again, something nice resulted. It is my mistake too for doing everything you asked after all these years, even when I knew I didn't love you, but portrayed like I did." I replied walking towards him before holding his hand.

"You did something and I did something. All I want now is forget everything." I said while he just nodded before moving to give me a hug to which I stiffened but allowed him.

"I wish... I wish everything was different. But I know what you are doing is best for you." He mumbled while I frowned.

"It is best mainly because Lakshmi will never be near him." He added before moving away.

"Why do you fear so much about your father?" I asked him frowning.

"Because I know him! He will not think twice before hurting his own son." He stated while I frowned more, but then turned back hearing a scream.

"Mom... mom... Lakshmi... she..." Harsha stuttered and I rushed to her room to see her shivering.

"Lakshmi!" I whispered, feeling fear and just stood still.

"I will call the doctor." Ali said while I stared at her with Harsha hugging me with tears in his eyes.

"Jay!" I whispered and immediately called him knowing well he knows what to do at these situations.

All these days he was the one who took care for any emergency and he will again! I thought, but he is not lifting his phone.

"Don't worry, Jhanvi! The doctor is checking her." Ali said, but I didn't leave her hand.

"She just got a little fever. It is better to keep an eye on her and if it happens again with her shivering like that, then bring her to the hospital." The doctor said leaving the room.

"Will she be fine?" Harsha asked, holding Lakshmi's other hand while she is sleeping peacefully.

"Yes! If you had not been with her, then I don't know what would have happened. You saved her, Harsha." I replied, hoping he will come out of his fear.

"I will be a good brother." He said nodding.

"You will always protect her, right?" I asked and he nodded, holding her hand tightly before leaving it.

"We will leave today only, but we will come again once before his school starts." Ali said and I nodded getting down from the bed and hugged Harsha.

"Always remember that I love you, Harsha." I said kissing his forehead.

"I love you too, Mom." He said smiling and walked away along with Ali.

Then Jay called and I immediately assured him before walking to the kitchen to prepare dinner which I stopped when Ali came.

Finishing it, I moved to the living room, but then heard a sound in Lakshmi's room. I walked towards it to see him kneeling beside her bed and holding her hand. He must have been worried even after my assurance.