Being Followed by the Shadows

Caladwen's POV:

By the time I had caught up with the Uruk Hai, it was already too late. I had found all of there bodies, pilled together with some orc maggots as well. I rode Sadron around the pill, so I could see every inch of the pill. I looked at every inch of the pill, but I couldn't find the hobbits anywhere. I felt relieved to know that they weren't harmed; however, another half of me was disappointed.

Soon enough, an arrow was fired by my cheek, causing the arrow to scratch the side of my face. My hand quickly shot up to my face. I touched the scratch on my cheek and lowered my hand down. I looked at my hand and saw blood on my hand. I knew right then that the scratch on my cheek was starting to bleed. I turned around and saw Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas running in my direction. To avoid being caught or noticed, I quickly rode Sadron into the forest for cover.

I eventually stopped near a stream of water and started dabbing my face with the water. My cheeks stung for a moment, every time I washed it out with water. When it stopped bleeding, I patted my cheek with a cloth, so I could dry it off.

I heard twigs snap from behind me. I quickly stood up on both of my feet and went over to my horse. I grabbed my sword and looked around. I could see no one at first, but as seconds past I eventually saw Aragorn and Legolas. I assumed Gimli was with him, even though I couldn't see him.

All three of them kept walking deeper into the forest. I had no idea why they were in the forest, but I was curious enough to find out. So, I followed on foot, behind them. I kept to the shadows, so that no one could see me. I made sure that my hood was covering my face and kept pursuing them.

***

Legolas's POV:

Aragorn, Gimli, and I were looking in the forest, for two of our hobbit friends. We have been following their trail and the trail of orc blood, as we search for them in a forest that is filled with sadness and anger. I could hear the trees talking with each other. In a way, this forest had similar features to Mirkwood, which no doubt reminded me of home.

As I kept looking for clues, I had a feeling that someone was watching me. I looked around, but I couldn't hear anyone. Then I stopped walking. I closed my eyes and started hearing with my ears, rather than seeing with my eyes. I heard very faint steps coming from over my right shoulder, so I drew and arrow, which I pointed down at the ground. I peered over my shoulder and saw a figure in the darkness.

It appeared that the figure was dressed in a black cloak and hood. The figure had paused when I saw it. I could feel it staring at me, even though I couldn't see it's eyes. I expected this figure to be a servant of Sauron, but it didn't attack us. It simply remained in the shadows, while it followed us.

I acted as if I hadn't noticed the figure. I eventually became aware of the white wizard approaching from behind us. Aragorn, Gimli, and I quickly turned around and were greeted by a bright white light. The light was so bright that I couldn't see anything, but I fired my arrow anyway, which missed the white wizard.

Also, I noticed that the figure, that was lurking in the shadows, had disappeared once the light became present. Which was odd since Saruman works for Sauron; however, I later saw that the white wizard was not Saruman but Gandolf instead.