Snooping

Caladwen's POV:

I have been all over the place, trying to find the hobbit and the ring. Hours have went by and I still cannot find the hobbit. I looked inside rooms and went down hallways; however, I still am not able to find any trace of the hobbit. We have not once crossed paths and I am beginning to worry about that. I needed to find the ring, I needed the ring.

I was walking outside, near one of the buildings when I saw more elves ride up on horseback. I stopped walking and looked down at the elves. There was one in particular that caught my attention. He was in front of all of the other elves. He had pure blonde hair and his eyes were a crystal blue. He hopped off his horse and immediately started looking around. He eventually saw me from a distance. Our eyes locked only for a minute, before I walked away.

I continued my search for the ring and the hobbit, but I was still unsuccessful. I eventually stumbled onto a library. I walked into the library and started looking at all of the books. Some were laid out on the table, while others were on the shelves collecting dust.

I ran my fingers on the backs of books. There was one book that caught my attention the most. The book cover was black and had a carving of an eye on it. It creeped me out, but at the same time, it reminded me of my father, Sauron.

I took the book and began reading. I got so involved with the book, to the point where nothing around me mattered. As if time has stopped, so that I could read. Everything the book said was about my father, Sauron. The things he did and what he is capable of. I couldn't believe what I was reading. The book gave me another perspective on things. Is my father really suppose to rule Middle Earth?

Just then, as I was reading, someone from behind me put their hand on my shoulder. I quickly stopped reading and turned around, only to find the elf who I saw ride in on horse back.

"Forgive me, my lady, I did not me to startle you." said the elf.

I didn't reply right away. I simply smiled at him and put the book away.

"It's okay, I was just leaving anyway." I replied.

"Oh I see, that is a bumber though." added the elf.

I laughed. There was something about this elf that intrigued me so much, but I didn't know why.

"Man esselya ná (what is your name)?" asked the elf.

"Im Caladwen." I replied in elvish. "What is yours?"

"Legolas Greenleaf of the Mirkwood realm." introduced the elf.

Legolas and I bowed to each other. Nothing went further between us because an elf guard came to fetch Legolas. We said are goodbyes to one another and then I headed out of the library. I made my way back to my horse, where I changed out of the dress and put my usual outfit back on, along with my black hood.

I hopped on my horse and rode on a path near the building, but not near enough to where I could be seen. I knew that there must be something important taking place today because elves, humans, and dwarves were assembling. So, I needed to find a place where I could see what is going on.

***

Back at Mordor

The Witch-king of Angmar stood before Sauron. He bowed down to his master, who was wondering why he returned without his adopted daughter, Caladwen. Sauron was growing tired of waiting. He had plans for the days to come and he wanted everything in order.

"Where is my daughter?"

"Caladwen is currently following the ring, my lord." explained the Witch-king. " she demanded that she keep looking for the ring."

"Why has she stayed, then? Certainly my daughter has a reason to disobey my orders."

The Witch-king of Angmar was not pleased to tell his lord this, but it was better than not saying anything at all.

"Caladwen claims that we have let you down, since we could not retrieve the ring, my lord." explained the Witch-king.

"She is not entirely wrong, Witch-king. Caladwen is many things, but she has never been one to be sloppy or let me down. You would do best to learn from her." said Sauron. "I will let her follow in pursuit of the ring, but if she does not have it my a certain time then I will need her to stop pursuing the ring so that my plan can take affect."

"Of course, my lord." agreed the Witch-king.