Chapter 1: the pale girl

I knew this pale girl once. She would sit in the back of the class and stare. She was so quiet as though someone zipped her lips and threw away the keys. She had sparkling blue eyes that brightened her whole pale face. She had brown locks with bangs that cover her face every time she looked down.
          Everyone was afraid to talk to her because of the rumors and stories my other classmates had made up about her and just gossip around town. I personally knew it wasn't true but part of me was skeptical about what she would do or say. Everyday I would see her sit in the dark corner of the cafeteria and eat her lunch she brought from home always the same. Chopped carrots with a sandwich with mayonnaise, lettuce, cheese, and bread with a little bottle of Apple juice.
        I finally got up to her on a normal Tuesday afternoon at lunch. Hi I said your in my class I said with regret using that chosen words when I knew she was in my class. Her facial expression began to give a tiny smile and then it was quickly removed. Yes I am and you are one of all the people at the school who don't talk to me because of what they say she said in a little sweet voice. Yes and I'm sorry I thought you wouldn't talk to me and initially didn't like me based on the way you looked at me. My name's Linzy and your name is. April she says in a little tiny voice as if she was talking to someone who has struck like from that movie honey I shrunk the kids.
       This tiny encounter let us to a beginning of a new friendship. I began to talk to her everyday for the rest of the year. To one day she just full-on disappeared without a word or telling me anything. I walked up to my teacher Mrs. Laura and asked where's April. As I said her name Mrs. Laura looked at me like that name was unfamiliar to her. She then says April who. I began to spiral in disbelief as I say that to her. The girl who sat in the back of the class didn't speak with blue eyes and brown locks. No are you feeling alright linzy yes I say I know I'm sure. My teacher then says there is no one in the school by that name. I began to ask everyone in the class about April and little to my surprise everyone responded the same with "who" or do I know her it is as if there mind's where completely erase of her whole existence.