Chapter XXII

Hazel’s Point of View

 Jas’mariee and I were sitting on the couch watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, eating junk food till’ there was a knock on the door. I didn’t feel like being alone for Christmas, so I came to Marie’s house with my present. My mom and dad were out of town on business and Adrian was at my grandma’s house.

 ‘’Oh my gosh, Princeton!’’ I heard Jas’mariee shriek. I walked up to her and seen my best friend.

 ‘’Prince!’’ I shouted, jumping on him. I hugged him tightly and let go. I looked around for Chresanto but he wasn’t here.

 ‘’Where is Chresanto?’’ I asked.

 ‘’At his cousin’s house.’’ Princeton said. I crossed my arms and marched upstairs to my room. Ms. Aiko made a room for me because she considered me a daughter of hers. I slammed the door and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and messaged Chresanto.

 Me: Where are you?

 Bae: At my cousin’s house, baby.

 Me: Is that where you gonna be for Christmas?

 Bae: Yeah, pretty much.

 I locked my phone and threw it down. I turned on the TV and watched 16 & Pregnant. Chresanto better have bought me a present because I bought him three pairs of Jordans, some clothes and a gold chain. There was a knock on the door.

 ‘’Come in.’’ I yelled. The door opened and I seen Jas’mariee.

 ‘’You okay?’’ She asked.

 ‘’I could be better.’’ I said.

 ‘’It’s okay girl, I understand how you feel.’’ She said.

 ‘’I texted him and he’s gonna be with this cousin house tomorrow.’’ I said.

 ‘’It’s okay, come on. Prince and I are about to bake some cookies. You wanna help?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Sure.’’ I said getting up. We walked downstairs into the kitchen. Prince was already making the cookies. I sat down on the island and helped out. Princeton put the pan into the oven and we sat in silence.

 ‘’So, you staying here?’’ Marie asked.

 ‘’Yeah, I got you some gifts too.’’ Princeton said.

 ‘’Awe.’’ Marie said pecking his lips. I looked down at the floor and thought of Chresanto. I guess I come in third everytime. I hopped off of the counter and walked upstairs to my room. I changed into pink Nike Pro sport bra, black Forever 21 PJ sweatpants, with black UGG Australia Classic short bling boot. I put my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my phone. I walked downstairs, out the door. I got into my Ferrari and put the key into the ignition.

 I pulled off and turned up the radio. Christmas with My Girl played through the speaker. I gripped onto the steering wheel and stopped the car. Tears streamed down my face. I shouldn’t have fell in love with him.

 Roc Royal’s Point of View

 I was sitting on the couch playing Combat Warfare with my cousin, Trey. I was gonna kick it with him for my Christmas break because I missed my fam.

 ‘’Bruh, how your girlfriend?’’ He asked.

 ‘’She good, I guess.’’ I said.

 ‘’Shouldn’t you be with her? I mean I’mma be with my girl the whole day tomorrow.’’ He asked.

 ‘’She got her family, I just want to be with mine.’’ I said. I know Hazel is good because she with her family, Jas’mariee, and Prince. I shot at this old woman and she died.

‘’Aye boys, come here!’’ My aunt Tisha said. We paused the game and ran into the kitchen. She was sitting at the kitchen table.

 ‘’What’s up mom?’’ Trey asked.

 ‘’I need you two to go to the store and get me some food for our dinner. I got the list right here.’’ She said handing the list to me.

 ‘’Ight, we’ll be back.’’ I said. I walked back to the room she made for me and changed into black Ramones tee shirt, grey classic Popular athletic sweatpants, with black Vans Authentic Lo Pro. I brushed my curls and walked into the living room. Trey was sitting on the car.

 ‘’Come on egg head.’’ I said, hitting him in the back of his head. He got up and we walked out of the house. We got into my Tesla. He put the key into the ignition and pulled off. Trey was a year older than me.

 ‘’Tell me about this girlfriend of yours. All I heard is that she’s beautiful.’’ He said.

 ‘’Well, she’s Chris Brown daughter. We met a concert and were best friends at first.’’ I said.

 ‘’Do you love her?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I’m too young to love, Trey.’’ I said.

 ‘’No you’re not, I fell in love with Natalie when I was 16. We have our off days but we love each other.’’ He said.

 ‘’Trey, she is young than me by a month.’’ I said.

 ‘’So, you’re in the same grade. She is smart and you even said you like smart girls.’’ He said.

 ‘’I know, I know.’’ I said. He pulled into the parking lot of Harris Teeter. He took the key out of the ignition and we walked in. I grabbed a cart and walked around. I put the things we need into the basket. I looked up and seen Jas’mariee and Prince.

 ‘’Hey guys.’’ I said, smiling. They looked at me and smiled.

 ‘’Hey Roc, Merry Christmas!’’ Jas’mariee said joyful.

 ‘’Merry Christmas to you too. Where is Hazel?’’ I asked.

 ‘’We don’t know, we tried calling and texting her but it says her phone is off.’’ Prince said.

 ‘’Oh, well I have to get back home. Merry Christmas you guys.’’ I said walking off. Trey was walking around on his phone. He walked over to me and put some items into the cart. I walked toward the front and got in line. It got to me and the cashier rung up the items.

 ‘’35.68.’’ She said. I gave her forty and she gave me my change. I put the bags into the cart and walked outside. Trey was leaning against the car.

 ‘’Help me put this in the trunk.’’ I said opening it. He helped me put up the bags then I pushed the cart away. We got in and he put the key into the ignition. He pulled off and I looked out the window. Should I go to see Hazel tomorrow or not?

What Do You Think

Leave A Comment & Vote

Daniella

ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara