four

tonight i have a date

tonight i have a date. no it isn't chresanto but it's a guy from my chemistry class named shawn. he asked me out during our lab yesterday and i said yes. i look over my outfit for the millionth time in the last five minutes. it was mind blowing how good i look in black. i grab my phone and wallet from my dresser before walking down the stairs. the doorbell rings and i walk over to the door opening it.

"you look amazing." he compliments as he takes my hand into his, placing a kiss on the back of my hand.

i smile, "you're a real sweetheart."

"you ready to go?" he ask. i nod and walk out of the house, closing the door behind me. shawn guides me down to his camaro. he walks around to the driver side. i open the door and got into the car. he starts the car, pulling away from my house.

"where are we going?"

"i was thinking the movie." he said. i nod. it's weird i haven't gotten a text from chresanto all day. he would usually text me good morning or some weird text that would make me laugh. i'll probably text prince later to see what's wrong.

shawn pulls into the parking lot of the movies and parks his car. we exit the car and walk up to the box, hand in hand.

"what do you want to watch?"

"the conjuring." i said. he nods before ordering the tickets. i glance down at my phone screen to see there weren't any messages from chresanto. after shawn orders the tickets, we walk inside and head straight to the concession stand.

"what you want?"

"popcorn, sour patch kids, and a icee."

"i'll be back, i'm going to the ladies room." i excuse myself before hitting in the direction of the bathroom. i turn to see shawn's back was to me. quickly i walk out of the movie theater. i dial up chresanto's number.

"what hazel?"

"hello to you too. what's wrong?"

"nothing. why did you call? aren't you on that date?" he asks. i felt his words were spoken with venom.

"yes but i haven't heard from you all day. i'm calling to check and see if you're okay."

"i'm fine. go back to your date." and with that, he hung up. why did he have such a attitude. the door opens revealing shawn.

"everything okay?" he asks.

"actually no. something went down at home and i need to get back. can you take me home please?" i asks.

"yeah. what happened?"

"my mom is pregnant and her blood pressure levels spiked all of a sudden. i'm really sorry about this."

"it's fine." he assures. we got into his car. he starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot. i sat back in my seat, my stomach turning. i felt bad about lying to shawn but something was really bothering me about chresanto. it didn't take long for shawn to drive up in my driveway.

"thank you shawn. i'll make it up to you."

"you're good lil mama. i'll see you at school."

i got out of the car, walking up to the door. i turn to see shawn's vehicle was gone. i walk back down the stairs to my car. i got inside, throwing my belonging in the passenger seat. starting my car, i backed out of the driveway before pulling off. he might not want to see me but i don't care. i want to know why he has such animosity against me all of a sudden.

i pull into the driveway of the conjunction house. i get out of my car and walk up to the door. lightly i knock on the door. the door opens to reveal prince.

"hazel? i thought you were on a date?" he asks.

i walk inside, looking around. "i was until i called your friend and he had a little attitude. where is he?"

"his bedroom. you're telling me you cancelled your date to come see him?"

"i guess that's what it sounds like." i shrug before heading upstairs to his bedroom. i open the door to see him laying in bed.

"what are you doing here?" he asks.

"what is up with your attitude? what have i done to you?" i ask, looking down at him.

"aren't you supposed to be on your date?" he spat.

"why are you so concerned about my date?" i ask then it hits me. "oh my goodness! you're jealous."

he sat up in bed, "i am not jealous hazel. i just had a bad ass day and didn't want to be bothered, that's all." he expresses.

"what was so horrible about your day that would have you so pissed off?"

"personal stuff, family stuff."

i sat down beside him, "well i'm sorry but don't be lashing out at me."

"i don't mean to, it just happens. i'm sorry." he apologizes.

i hug his torso, "it's okay." i assure. he lays his head on my shoulder. my hand moves up and down his back. is it insane to say that i may be feeling him?