Spell Check Anyone????

It's sad to see that there is a spell checker on this site yet the writers don't use it. I know the spell checker won't catch all errors because of homonyms, homophones, and homograph, but they're words (such as DEFINITELY) that are commonly misspelled and would be signaled as an error by the checker.

I can't tell you how many writers apologize for spelling and grammar mistakes...ARGH! If you know your story has mistakes, take the time to correct them before you publish. I know, I know I don't have to read it, but you should have enough respect for your readers to put out something that you don't have to apologize for doing in you A/N.

I am by no means a grammar or spelling expert; HOWEVER, I would like to read a story with words I think are common spelled correctly. When I don't recall how to spell a word, I use my search box because it give me the word without having to consult a dictionary.

I have found so many good stories on the site, but the errors get in the way of enjoying the story. When I am overwhelmed by the errors, I tend to skip read and miss important details that are relevant to the story.

In addition, it's not the same to say: I WARE HILLS than it is to say I WEAR HEELS. The spell checker won't pick this error up because the words are spelled correctly, but your eye should be able to catch it unless you are a poor speller and can't tell the difference between the words.